Kids and wellies

by Simon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Why do kids love wellies so much?

We went to buy Liam some new school shoes and clothes yesterday and both lads wanted to buy some wellies - Liam got green Tweenie ones and Dylan got red Thomas the Tank engine ones.

They wore them when we got home and didn't take them off till bedtime. This morning they are both walking round in their pyjamas and ... wellies. What a pair of nutters.

Dylan will be made up as his goal in life seems to be to walk in puddles and now we won't try to stop him!

He had great fun a couple of weeks ago when he and another little lad took turns stomping through a puddle while Angharad was waiting to pick Liam up from school. He got absolutely soaked and was having great fun. Angharad and the other lad's mum said they had to let them as they were having so much fun doing it. Just lads being lads.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

great story simon ... and 'wellies' are ??! rain boots??! i don't get it . damn my canadianess!

• Simon
    Simon

Yes: wellies = wellington boots

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

righto cheerio

shhhh, but i have these big red WELLIES, and i always wear 'em ... even when there's no rain. must be the kid in me

• Xena
    Xena

Never had rain boots......sigh...feeling like a deprived child now! This could explain a lot!

• Lesley
    Lesley

My 3 all loved wearing wellies - even on a hot summer's day!
    T-shirt and shorts and wellies!!
    So cute!

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Had a neighbor once who had a demented little girl; the kid used to run around outside in the winter stark naked but for her rubber boots, singing at the top of her little leather lungs.

Never knew a little kid who didn't LOVE their boots. In TX of course it's cowboy boots. My middle son wore his cowboy boots every day all day if I didn't come down hard on him... with no socks! ICK! Nothing worse than stinky toejammy snarbyfeet after a long summer day of shitkickin'!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Re Wellies / Wellington Boots:

Wellington boots take their name from the first Duke of Wellington. The duke had a special pair designed for him to suit the conditions of his campaigns through Spain and Belgium. No doubt the changes in climate and, in, particular the muddy Belgian fields prompted his desire for tougher footwear. The original boots reached as far as the knee and were impregnated with waterproofing materials, probably with a rubber base. They were equally suited to walking and to riding.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• think41self
    think41self

Simon,

Just picturing your kids acting like kids brought a smile to my face. And give Angharad a big for being such a good mom, and not trying to repress those kids from having some good fun. Your kids are lucky.

think41self

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

One of my favorite pictures of my son was when he was about 4 yrs old. He has on his cowboy boots, cowboy hat and his superhero underwear standing out in the front yard. AAhh to be that free with fashion. :)

shimmer

You only live once---but if you work it right, once is enough.
    ---Joe E. Lewis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit