Nuclear Physicist Becomes Jehovah's Witness Believes Bible & Science Don't Conflict

by frankiespeakin 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

MTM,

Do you think the WT might have used a bit of creative licese with this?

For sure it's in standard "I was such and such and now I'm a pioneer" promote the WT cult format.

Anyway it's a shame to see the WT using him to peddle their religion to promote the idea that the bible and science are bed fellows.

• sspo
    sspo

There are loads of scientist that believe the the earth has been around 6000 years and that each creative day was a literal "24 hours"

It's all about faith in what you want to believe and throw away all other evidence!!!!!

• agonus
    agonus

Isn't there already a thread on this?

• Terry
    Terry

A scientist is an expert on science. Doesn't make him an art critic or a great singer, does it?

It is outside his area of expertise.

It is standard folly for a person with credentials in one field to step in a pile of plop by straying into a field outside their firm knowledge base.

A christian wants christianity to be real and true no matter what profession he practices.

It isn't too difficult to see how a scientist who is a believer will superimpose BELIEF over science and make it shrink to fit like a pair of blue jeans.

If the Bible were reliable as communication from the Highest Mind in existence (namely: God) we would have had a preserved uncorrupt original text to test modern translations against to avoid error, corruption, tampering and malfeasance over the millennia.

We don't!

The folly of believing in a corrupt text and making it commensurable with a testable science is ludicrous and sad.

I feel sorry for this physicist for making a rather natural and human error in judgement such as this.

False premise=false conclusions.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Yet if he's a nuclear physicist, surely he's aware of the uses of radiometric dating and the complete wrench it throws on the WT's chronology of life on earth. Me suspects the good doctor is partitioning his thinking, looking at what he wants and ignoring the rest. And his comment about the "scientific references" in that old canard, the Creation book makes me want to regurgitate a bit...

And it seems like his narrative is very carefully worded.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really have to wonder why this guy is even able to hold down a job at teaching college course physicis. I would be interested to find out just exactly what type of courses he teaches.

Here is the web site for Alabama A&M University in Huntsville, Alabama teaching faculty:

http://www.sas.aamu.edu/physics/faculty/

ALTON WILLIAMS name doesn't make a showing I wonder if this is a fraud?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Doesn't surprise me. My dad was an Electrical and Nuclear Design Engineer for one of the largest Engineering Companies in the world. He was asked to participate in the Manhattan Project and turned it down because he was a JW. He remained a faithful jw until his death. Sometimes people don't apply the same analylitical processes to religion that they apply to other areas of their lives. Wish I could figure out why.

Coffee

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I finally found his listing the university if anybody wants to contact him:

http://www.sas.aamu.edu/physics/faculty/Williams.php

Contact

Office: 141 V. M. Chambers Bld.
    Phone: (256) 372-8145
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest