The Complete Dubs Guide For Dummies

by God_Delusion 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hello Guy's, Gal's and Jehovah's Witnesses,

I would like to thank Farkel for today's blog, for it was his post "Dub For Dummies" that inspired me to write (or you could say, digitally enhance Farkel's fine work) the following;

The Complete Dubs Guide For Dummies

I hope the images bring you the same joy I felt after I created them.

Also, if you can, please leave some comments on the blog.

Speak to you all soon!

Regards
    Carlos S

• startingover
    startingover

Just took a quick glance and came upon this:

Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only "True Christians™" and we are actually contemplating publishing a book with “Jesus” or “Christ” in its title.

Classic!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

A very fun read. Thank You !

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

oh thats too funny! I am going laughing about that all day!

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only "True Christians™" and we are actually contemplating publishing a book with “Jesus” or “Christ” in its title."

:Classic!

That was lifted word-for-word from my original article as is a bunch of other stuff on that blog page article. It is one thing to take and rework an idea from someone else's efforts. It is quite another to lift and paste entire sentences from someone else's efforts, including the Title and then create a web page about it without any attribution. Especially when it was done without any permission, either. Bad form. That also confuses issues about whose idea was it in the first place, or who wrote it first. It's also, strictly speaking, plagiarism. At best, it still bad form.

This is only my opinion, but I don't think your piece enhanced what I wrote at all, but diminished my content and idea. It's too long and doesn't "bite" people hard enough. And it is by no means a "Complete" Guide, either.

This is a first for me. I've had lots of people take my stuff without permission and put it on their websites and mostly, they at least attribute the work to me. I don't have a problem with that. But I've never had anyone lift out the Title and words verbatim from my stuff, sprinkle them into their own article, put them on a site and act like it is an original work. It isn't.

I wrote mine below over 8 years ago. Let the readers decide if I'm over-reacting or not.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/24914/1/Dubs-For-Dummies

Farkel

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Farkel that was great! I love it. Thanks for sharing your original.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Farkel

This reader "Would regard it as the highest form of compliment" The originator of that sentence is dead. His words remain.

Acolytes

• cantleave
    cantleave

Excellent

• Twitch
    Twitch

Let the readers decide if I'm over-reacting or not.

Not at all. I'd feel the same way.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi Farkel,

It was bad form of me not crediting you with the original (on the site).

I have added the credit to the site now.

I did though credit you in my thread, which, should count for something.

Carlos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit