Commentary on the Letter of James

by lepermessiah 52 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I don't have anything to contribute on this thread, as the circa is before my time. Just wanted to say, I love these threads. Keep it goin.

• bennyk
    bennyk

I really liked both Commentary on the Letter of James and Choosing the Best Way of Life.

Incidentally, Choosing the Best Way of Life was written by Reinhard Lengtat, not Ed Dunlap.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember when the book on James was released thet ther were a LOT of diehards and pios saying:

"Do you notice how often it says "the CHRISTIAN" rather than witness or dedicated one??"

This use of "CHRISTIAN" was so unusual at the time. The same period when they started saying ther are different KINDS of ministry. (Not just field circus)

We had items in the KM about the neighbour, who turned up at the doorstep in tears and was turned away.

Later that night they killed themselves. Do shopping for calls. Then came the DRAMA and evil "Brother" Scolios is condemned because he thinks good works are just as important as "preaching".

HB

• jdhf
    jdhf

Yes..it is the forerunner...I found it here in ireland in a 2nd hand shop! i got it for 5euros.... I think i have the first version...Ray Franz' version.. am looking forward to reading it...apparently there are a huge number of things that have changed from now.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Hmmm, now I would really like to read the Letter of James in the Bible. It sounds awesome. Good for the so-called apostate who wrote 'Commentary on the Letter of James'. I admire people like him and Raymond Franz!!

• jdhf
    jdhf

I DID have the book...I went down to my library and can't find it! :( I have lots of other old books though. I'll see if I can get it somewhere. I read that Ray F. wrote it...wasn't that mentioned in COC??

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am with Burn on this one, it was a great book. I was hoping at the time it was their new direction, reasoned discussion about the practical application of bible principles.

Sadly, they eventually produced the horror that is the new childrens book, which tells children that Satan is after them and that they have to fend off adults who want to touch them in bad ways.

P

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Marked for later.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Some good commentaries here

http://biblecommenter.com/james/1-1.htm

Blessings,

Stephen

• Titus
    Titus

I think that Ed Dunlap also wrote the Happiness—How to Find Itbook, didn't he?

*** g81 11/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***“Royal” Gift
    ? After the marriage of Britain’s Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer, the wedding gifts were put on public display at St. James Palace in London. “This is only a selection, chosen by the gift and not the giver,” said a spokesman. “This is about one-fifth of the total received.” Thousands of spectators, paying an admission fee of about $3 (U.S.), waited in line for hours to see the gifts. After describing gifts from “princes, presidents, kings and queens,” a United Press International report said: “But more endearing are the patchwork tea cozies, a hand-knit camel in green and lavender stripes, . . . Or Exhibit 257, a book called Happiness, How to Find It.” Many thousands of people worldwide have already benefited from the Biblical information in this book, published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit