Is the Governing Body really Jehovah's mouthpiece?

by dgp 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• inbetween
    inbetween

very interesting, I am looking for "non-apostae" (no pun intended) information on how the GB comes to their conclusions by voting.

atm I dont have access to youtube, but is this video reliable ?

I ask, because I want to share this info with others, but if it is any remotely connected to apostates, red flags will go up, and I achieve nothing.

For that reason I believe the CoC of ray Franz surely has accurate insider information, but I cannot use it, because its labeled apostate.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

So, how come the governing body itself recognizes that its members are not always of the same mind about issues, to the extent that they make decisions by a majority of two thirds?

How come the 1/3 that is not in agreement doesn't get DF'd for having a different opinion?? And, if the GB are not always of one mind and they are run by holy spirit, how come questions, and differences of opinion are not tolerated by those of us who are not run by holy spirit??

Things that make you go, huh?

DS

PS. my font is messed up. Any advice?

• designs
    designs

How was Matthias chosen. Lots.

I'm going to start carrying Lots with me from now on.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Well that would make the elders the dribble that come out of the mouthpiece......

Mattieu..

• jdhf
    jdhf

Inbetween..i have read in WT articles BOTH statements that they are and aren't Jeh's mouthpiece. I'll try to find them.

• jdhf
    jdhf

Another thought....do you think Jehovah votes in Heaven?? Somehow I think it would take a hell of a long time to count them!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    I am looking for "non-apostae" (no pun intended) information on how the GB comes to their conclusions by voting.

Inbetween...... Let's bump this for our resident researchers such as Mary, Atlantis, Blondie and others.

• dgp
    dgp

dyssnery, you wrote:

How come the 1/3 that is not in agreement doesn't get DF'd for having a different opinion?

Good question. I would change it to "How come the rest of the Jehovah's witnesses would be disfellowshipped for doing the very same thing the goberning body does?"

• moshe
    moshe

I have asked many JW's, would their opinion about blood transfusions change, if they found out that 50% of the GB voted to make it a pure conscience issue. They needed 2/3 majority to change the rules, so they compromised and voted to go with blood fractions rules instead. You can just see the mental wheels turning on that one and then they say something like, no it wouldn't matter at all.

Jw's can hold to opposite opinions about the GB-

Look at what this well known online JW to me - He emailed me after I posted on the WT Facebook group a couple weeks ago

ME: I know you are still online- I also see know your answers are shall we say, not in agreement with what JW's teach a person who is studying to become a JW- how do you explain that? the Watchtower.org website does not portray the leaders of the WT Org as just passive individuals that have no authority over the JW membership. It seems they have the authority to close down a KH, if the membership or local leaders make them displeased. ME January 30 at 8:58am -looks like you have a new FB picture- is it from 15-20 years ago? A little vain aren't we? Steve January 30 at 10:25am Report You are an idiot.

1. You don't know what my answers are.

2. There are no leaders of the wt org.
    3. If there were they don't have authority beyond what the Bible gives.

4. there is a governing body of JWs who oversee the worldwide congregation, but not individuals.

5. there is much more to JWs than the watchtower.org website. Try to actually learn something. ME - January 30 at 11:38am If I am an idiot, it is from trying to follow your logic-
    A- there are no leaders of the WT org
    B-well, if there are---
    C- they GB has the authority the Bible gives them

OK- If there is a GB (individuals right?) who is overseas the JW worldwide work,- then why did you previously say that the leaders are not important, we don't follow them, it's not important what the WT says at any point in time. You have made so many contradictory comments that I find it impossible to follow your circular reasoning.
    try to explain this again with no contradictions. People do change their ideas, that is human, so maybe your ideas about your faith are not the same now as they were in the beginning. If so admit that and move on- "to thine own self be true"- that is good advice

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Moshe said:

I have asked many JW's, would their opinion about blood transfusions change, if they found out that 50% of the GB voted to make it a pure conscience issue.

That reminded me...in 1978(?), when I first read the WT Q&A that certain blood fractions were OK, I remember thinking...."Isn't that like giving a pinch of incense to the emperor? I thought, they can do what they want, but I will NEVER compromise." But compromise I did. Up till that time I had been very diligent about asking my doctor if the vaccines my children were getting had any blood in them. I also asked at the meat counter whether there was blood in the sausage or if the chickens had been strangled. After 1978, I forgot all about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit