Banned Book From The Bible

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We live in a good time, the information age and many of these "banned" books are availble for us to read and draw our own conclusions and I urge everyone to do just that.

Don't let others do your thinking for you.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

PSac,

Agreed, but cognitive dissonance can be a real bitch some times.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is easier for most to be told what to believe when they are presented with the "facts", than to verifiy those facts and DECIDE what to beleive.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A brief summary would be nice, and might spark enough interest in me to watch. Otherwise I have no time.

W

• restrangled
    restrangled

The book of Enoch is quite interesting and gives details to the fall of the Angels before the flood.

Whether you do or don't believe is up to you, but it is a fascinating read.

http://www.heaven.net.nz/writings/thebookofenoch.htm

r.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FF,

Basically it touches on just a few highlights from a very small sampling of books that were not included in the bible cannon. It tells about how they were discovered in recent decades and touches on what they tell us about what some beliefs were back during that time.

It kind of gives us a better rounded out idea of what some competing beliefs were and offers some explanation of the forces at play that led to the formation of the bible canon with out being dogmatic or degrading of any beliefs.

• Titus
    Titus

I shall not talk about Judas', or Thomas' Gospels, since I don't know anyting about them.

But, I know literally EVERYTHING about The Book of Enoch. And believe me, I know what I am talking about.

The problem with TBE is not just a content of the book, but some deeper issues...

OKAY, it has its place in the ancient literature, but not among the divinely inspired books.

No, I don't wanna discourage you from wasting your time....

Have a nice time in reading of "Enoch"!

TITUS

• jdhf
    jdhf

PSac....Apparently THE Enoch did NOT pen the book that bears his name. it has been dated to one-two hundred b.c. I have lots of regarding Jesus NOT being Michael... let me know if any are interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit