How old was God when he made the earth?

by Paralipomenon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

He lived a lifetime of an entire "generation" before the earth was created.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Paralipomenon,

Sorry, but your calculations are wrong.

I don't believe in "God" as explained in the Bible, but I do believe that there is a First Cause. Sorry, but I am not smart enough to explain what the First Cause is, so I will not call it "God", I will simply call it First Cause.

We know that the material universe had a beginning, a definite point in time, before which the material universe did not exist, after which the material universe did exist.

Prior to that there was what? nothing?

There cannot have been nothing. Existence cannot come from non existence. Modeling reality as a state machine we have:

Existence --> Non Existence

Existence --> Existence

There can be no transition arc from Non Existence to Existence.

So, the First Cause cannot have had a beginning. The First Cause has always existed. Prior to the material universe there was the First Cause, which must be pure energy. Using the theory of relativity and solving for M (Mass at the point of the existence of the material universe) we get E/C2=M, or mass can be obtained from Energy.

The First Cause is thus pure energy, an energy which has always existed. What the nature of this energy is can only be pure speculation.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

HappyG,

There can be no transition arc from Non Existence to Existence.
    So, the First Cause cannot have had a beginning. The First Cause has always existed.

While I tend to agree with a lot of what you say, I think what you postulate here is an assumption based on limited observation. Especially your last sentence I quoted. We can only assume that,, I'm not saying your wrong I'm saying it is an assumption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit