Conventions/Assemblies in England

by ScottyRex 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• xbro
    xbro

i remember the twickenham apostates! i hope they helped a few!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Wimbledon Town Hall was a good C/A venue, I was a 3 year old at the 1969 International Convention at Wembley Stadium, night sessions and all, must have been a killer

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ Hotspur, i have just read your'e from the i o wight-----i have lived here on & off since 1971, perhaps we know each other? or others.

little canada:--i remember helping to cook breakfast there for the happy campers.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My husband used to do the baptism dunking in our circuit (SE London), had some laughs with it though. I remember a poor jamacian brother getting his afro caught in the overflow pipe and my husband couldn't see it. The poor brother tried to come back up and my hubby was pushing him down. From the audience it looked like he was drowning the poor guy, he looked so panic stricken.

LOL, poor guy!!!

• Simon
    Simon

We used to go to Maine Road (Manchester City's old ground), the Reebock Stadium (Bolton) and Goodison Park (Everton's ground). Prior to that it would be a trek to Hillsborough.

I think when I was little there were also assemblies at the holiday grounds (either Butlins or Pontins) around North Wales.

Here's some memories:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/159391/1/Sitting-on-the-terraces-at-Hillsborough-Maine-Road-eating-Hellas-bars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit