Can WBTS be charged with crimes against humanity for those who die due to various doctrines, e.g. No Blood?

by african GB Member 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I know they always play 'freedom of religion' card, but from a humanity point of view, would it be possible to put together some sort of a case against this Org?

• minimus
    minimus

no

• semelcred
    semelcred

Tax laws!!! they brought down one large mobster they can bring down another!

• yknot
    yknot

no.....

The baptism change in 1985 effectively serves as an initation rite into the social club named WTS..... Thusly the dunkee agrees to abide by all club rules or face explusion or reprimand.

• agonus
    agonus

Has any religious organization been successfully charged with Crimes Against Humanity?

Not that I know of.

BUT...

Class Action Lawsuits HAVE been successfully brought against religious organizations.

The WT has settled child abuse cases out of court, likely to the tune of millions. A slow bleed like this will eventually kill it as long as victims don't let up. I don't think the WT is anywhere near wealthy enough to survive onslaughts of lawsuits of this kind.

• Farkel
    Farkel

They could be charged. Anyone can be charged with anything. But they would never be convicted at least not in the USA. The Supreme Court doesn't want to touch religious issues like that. It would create a Constitutional nightmare.

Farkel

• agonus
    agonus

Right, Farkel. By "successfully charged" I really meant "convicted."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Charged by whom? The court of public opinion? Sure. They can be found guilty there, too. But I don't see any court taking the case.

The key, as semelcred states, is taxes. France took the right tactic. Russia did not. If everyone goes French on the WTS, where will they hide?

• Gerard
    Gerard

No. Dubs die willingly at the WT altar.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Nope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit