Did you believe in 1975?

by Masterji 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

This Poster here is just SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I for one am not ashamed to say that I was in high school when this crap came out about 1975 and as a result I pioneered, didn't go to college and turned down what at the time appeared to be some damn fine sex. Then it was off to Bethel where I continued to turn down what appeared to be some damn fine New York sex. Then I married a witness girl and still never got any damn fine sex."

-----------

but i love it

smile

james

• ISP
    ISP

A bit early for me! I got baptised in '82 and only heard about it!

ISP

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I was too young to have an opinion on it. But my father told me that he said to a collegue at work: "If the end does not come in 1975 then the Bible is wrong."

The CO that just came to see me had told me before that he had said to a collegue at work "I would be happy to meet you after 1975." He is still searching for the guy to welcome him: "I'm so happy to meet you after 1975." :-)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Of course I believed it! I thought I would be romping with the lions and the zebras. In Chicago. I also thought I would be perfect (read thin, pretty, social, well liked, etc.).

When 1976 rolled in at 12:00 am, I was laying on the floor, watching Dick Clark. I then knew they were wrong. I was not going to be any of the above. Let alone living with lions and zebras! What a let down.

At least I was still young enough to have a life.

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• Mulan
    Mulan

I believed it, and so did our whole family. We had a CO who came in 1973, and his wife told us, as they were driving into Seattle, the first day, he said "this is our Armageddon circuit." They believed it too, and promoted it.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit