Thoughts From A Jew

by shamus100 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

just homo

• restrangled
    restrangled

If we are getting into Jewish comedy, Please read Portnoy's Complaint by Phillip Roth.

A classic that will have you splitting your sides with laughter.....

r.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

"Christanity is Judaisim for gentiles".

I must say that I have heard more than one Rabbi mention that and at times I wonder if that could have indeed been the "point".

• agonus
    agonus

Oh, ha ha, Minimus. I expect better from you.

• agonus
    agonus

Far and away the most moving religious experience I've had was at a Messianic Jewish fellowship. The gentleman who sang the worship song had passion that made 80's U2 seem cynical, shallow, and materialistic by comparison.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Being a Jew, the person who gossips about the homosexuality is viewed to have sinned MORE than the homosexual. And the fact that two homosexuals are in a high-ranking position in the religion left me gobsmacked to say the least... and nobody gives a damn.

It is called Lashon Har-ra (evil tongue) and it is considered improper speech: "The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired."

http://www.jewfaq.org/speech.htm

anyway, back to the gay members of your boyfriend's temple (congrats btw), of course they are welcome. Reform does not interpret the story of Sodom and Gomorrah the same as other religions. According to the Reform movement, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality not homosexuality.

• minimus
    minimus

Nothin' worse than a inhospitable gay person.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I've known some real nasty queens in a few jobs I've had. And even with the nice ones I really don't appreciate having my behind swatted by a coworker passing by.

• shamus100
    shamus100

TD,

Wow! Jehovahs Witnesses to a tee. It's a long read, but worth it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've known some real nasty queens in a few jobs I've had. And even with the nice ones I really don't appreciate having my behind swatted by a coworker passing by.

What do you expect as the towel boy in a Miami bath house called "Spartacus' Spa"

Snowbird: I heart all things Jewish.

I liver all things Jewish. Especially chicken livers sauteed with shallots and capers. (Sorry I couldn't find a liver emoticon)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit