Is it really okay for a JW to lie?

by dissed 40 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

doublelife

Sorry, I didn't misread you. I was going on a rant and wasn't clear of my rant direction. But thank you anyway. you can apologize anytime, even if you don't have to. lol

• dissed
    dissed

Ynot -

When I read that explanation from the WTS its makes a person want to bang their head on the wall!

It lead to all sorts of justification and excuses.

"Oh we didn't charge for the parking, it was a voluntary contibution"

The lying on the parking became a means to the end game - WE NEED CASH!!

I did purchasing for the conventions. One brother tried to teach me how to get better deals playing companies against each other, by exasgerating others price quotes.

One company said they would never deal with the JW's because of the lying. A JW told me, not to worry, there are plenty of others that want our business.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

JWs individually and collectively think they are above the law.

They are a law unto themselves and themselves alone believing that they are doing Jehovah's will, they will do whatever they think they must do to further 'Kingdom Interests'.

-Aude.

• dissed
    dissed

Aude -

That's EXACTLY what the Mormons have done and the JW's used to condemn them when lying for the church.

30 years ago a Mormon Bishop told us when we caught him in a lie, "You have to look at the big picture, what is good for the Church"

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

The simple fact of the matter is the JWs have their own definition of lying, it is giving false information or withholding information from someone who is entitled to the information. The term they use for this is Theocratic Warfare. Try googling that term, you will find several discussions of the topic.

No Apologies

• dissed
    dissed

No Apologies -

I did the google search and you are right, mucho info on the topic. And yes, its been in their stratagy for years, but now its common place among the R n F. They have created a generation of liars that was not common place when I was associated.

Its like they gave the okay and everyone has adopted it. I didn't see the lying at the door back in the 1970's to the 80' like it is happening now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's not new. My parents have been in this cult for 70 years and they are well practiced at it.

My wife has been in it for 35 years, she is just as bad.

They will all look me in the eye and lie to me to cover up the history/doctrines/behaviours of the cult and our dealings with it.

Cheers

Chris

• dissed
    dissed

Outlaw - Says "Yes"

Dissed - Says "No"

Everyone else says -"Who cares?"

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Dissed,

The case was begun when, in spite of previous unsuccessful attempts to have the courts recognize the claims of Jehovah’s witnesses, the president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society directed that the position be tested again. An action for declarator was brought in Scotland that asked the Court of Session to declare that Douglas Walsh was a "regular minister" because of his appointment as a pioneer and also because of his appointment as a congregation servant. The case became known as Walsh v. The Lord Advocate.

SOCIETY OFFICIALS FLY FROM NEW YORK
    H. C. Covington, a United States barrister and the Watch Tower Society’s general counsel, had been present for the preliminary hearing in a supervisory capacity. Now it was determined that he and two other senior officers would fly from New York to give evidence at the trial. Thus the Society came to the side of Douglas Walsh, showing in a very practical way that it stands ready to fight for the lawful rights of Jehovah’s witnesses throughout the world.

The case was prepared so that F. W. Franz, vice-president of the Society, was the first to go into the witness box. Quoting liberally from the Bible in his hand, he outlined the beliefs of Jehovah’s witnesses, especially those that differ from the orthodox. He explained, too, the basic reason for the existence of Jehovah’s witnesses today: that 1914 marked the beginning of Christ’s second presence in Kingdom power and that a great work must be done to announce this fact to mankind before the war of Armageddon soon destroys the old, satanic system of things. Franz used the splendid opportunity he had to give a fine witness.

*** Watchtower, 1955, 6/1 pp. 329-330 Jehovah’s Witnesses--A Religion Without Ministers? ***

As quoted in my earlier post (which you won't find in pages of the above Watchtower for obvious reasons), what got Franz into trouble with the prosecutor was the Society's teaching change -- the modification of the long-taught 1874 date which they altered to the currently-taught 1914. The prosecutor was able to squeeze out of Franz's mouth that there are punitive measures (disfellowshipping) for believing and spreading truth when it is not in line with current teaching. Unity at all costs is their motto.

You may Google the terms -- Franz Walsh Trial -- and come up with nearly 1,000,000 hits. The top one I got is as follows:
    http://www.lulu.com/content/762879

You will see that it is now a free download for the entire transcript. For what it's worth, one of the members of this board paid some $3,000 for a copy some 4 years ago.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit