Help me get my mom out!!!!

by Aeiouy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My best advice is to do what you are doing- finish the book.

Off the cuff, I would say: "You are allowing these men to guide your life while you admit they are not inspired by God. They make some mistakes, but you seem to feel it's no big deal. IT IS A BIG DEAL. With subjects like homosexuality, divorce, blood, transpants, etc.- lives are at stake, certainly many members who are victims of their rules and their changing rules cannot simply shake it off. If the Governing Body can make huge mistakes and run ahead of Jehovah with their own thoughts, then I don't see why we all cannot do our best to sincerely live by Bible standards as we see fit, then allow God to smooth out our own path as we go along."

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Aeiouy,

The email your Mum sent you must have broken your heart. But do you know what? I can see myself writing exactly the same to my son in a few years' time (he's still only 10) if I hadn't had my awakening only a few months ago. I understand her perfectly. How much she loves both Jehovah and you! She must have been a wonderful mother, and she still is. There's no doubt she loves you to bits. She can't help feeling that way. Most of us would have done something very similar before we discovered reality. And honestly, I don't think anything you say right now will awaken her. She's just not ready yet, if she ever is.

That's why if I were you I wouldn't even try to explain your reasons. I would just, as other posters have pointed out, reassure her of your love for her, no matter her reaction. Tell her you understand she may have to shun you in the near future, but you will still love her all the same. AKJeff said something beautiful that reached my heart a few days ago and it applies here: "Jehovah's witnesses have no antidote against love". Sticking to Watchtower policies about shunning will be extremely hard for her, and she should be admired for obeying the dictates of her conscience, even if we, from the outside, are horrified by that treatment.

That's all I can think of telling you at the moment, except wishing you lots of happiness with your Sarah.

By the way, I'm Spanish, from Madrid, where I've lived all my life. Feel free to PM me in that language if you feel comfortable (I've just read the topics you have started). I definitely express myself far better in my own language.

I wish you all the best.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Goldensky you said it so well... and your right. Aei.. I do know what you are going through and yes please becareful what you say to your mother. ...showing love and respect works wonders...

• moshe
    moshe

Let your mom have her own life. It is a common goal for ex-JW's to get their family out of the KH. Why can't they see what I see? Well, they are adults and while JW's use manipulation and fake reasoning to recruit new members, it's not so easy to reverse 20-30+ years of indoctrination. When she is unhappy enough with the KH she might remember something you have said later. Go live you life- and put your mother on the back burner for now. We can always hope the GB an elder will say something to alienate you mom and open her eyes. Often, it's the householder who makes the JW admit they are foolishly following men, not slaves of the true god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit