What I'm Going to Do About Climate Change!

by frankiespeakin 33 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nothing!

I know many here are very passionate about this subject, and I must admit both sides have made me think about it more than I would have normally.

But in the final analysis I'm disposed to do absolutely nothing about it and this is my reasoning on it.

We are all going to die some day, and realistically there is not much we can do about it, so why worry about some future time when the planet might have less space on it for humans to live there is nothing I can do to make a difference anyway. What is going to happen will happen my worrying about it isn't going to change anything.

The planet is already over populated because of our longer life span and medical advancements. We can't keep multiplying like we have and expect things to just keep on going like they are going without any serious repercussions to our species. Things have been happening through out history to bring our population under some kind of control in the past and it looks like we are about due for something in the future.

When we have a very large portion of our population all gather into cities and have world wide travel which makes us all just sitting ducks waiting for the next big plague to travel all around the world to wipe out a whole lot of us no matter what scientist are able to do, and I ain't gonna worry about it because human nature is what it is and it ain't until something really big happens that we do something about it anyway. And some times it takes a lot of things to happen over and over again until we get it and are left with no choice but to make a change large enough on a collective basis.

Technology has grown at a far too swift a pace for mans intellect to use it wisely evolutionarily speaking which may just work out naturally to cull the herd. Who knows?

So as far doing something about the weather I'm not going to sweat it, it's not in my hands anyway, it is what it is and I'm content not to get all that excited about it. I have no interest in what comes after me when I'm dead and gone, suffering and pain was a part of human life before I came on the scene and it will be apart of human life after I'm gone and to get all that concerned about it ain't gonna change it one iota.

I know many will want to chastise me for my views, and you are welcome to. Hey you might even change my views. Que sara sara, Is that all there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe9kKf7SHco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn_xu81ySo&feature=related

• villabolo
    villabolo

Frankiespeaking:

By the tone of your post I don't put you anywhere in the denier camp, whom I'm determined to ration my words with, quite the contrary I respect your views much more than theirs and don't mind having a real conversation with you. I'll sprinkle a few comments:

"The planet is already over populated because of our longer life span and medical advancements."

I disagree. The planet was and would continue to be overpopulated even with a lifespan of 40 or so years. So long as childbearing allows for over 2, let's say 3-4 surviving children out of every 10 a woman can give birth to those 10 by age 30. This will give you the potential for an exponentially growing population until resources ran out. What really limits the population is food supply and ever since the agricultural revolution took place about 10,000 years ago we've been able to mass produce humans up to tens of millions in places like Meso America.

"We are all going to die some day, and realistically there is not much we can do about it, so why worry about some future time when the planet might have less space on it for humans to live there is nothing I can do to make a difference anyway. What is going to happen will happen my worrying about it isn't going to change anything."

Yes and no. It's best to let this civilization collapse and if it doesn't collapse completely then stomp it to the ground 'till it dies. I know many will want to chastise me for my view but this society and the humans that dominate it are intrinsically evil and irreformable. As I've discussed in other posts It's (mostly) Human Nature to be Masters and Servants instead of the egalitarian societies I wish them to be. Changing that is another subject alltogether.

What I basically believe in doing is creating an alternative society parallel to this one as it decays. Nurture it, keep it small. Make it so it can survive anything. When this one starts collapsing the other one goes into the ascendancy, outreproducing the dieing, warring masses of this civilization even under adverse conditions.

I know it sounds like an Utopian dream but this is Dystopia and if Dystopia is possible then so is its alternative. We owe it to our children to give them something better than this.

villabolo

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Or, as Bobby Kennedy often said, "Que Sirhan, Sirhan."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nathan,

I think "is that all there is" really sets the mood for reading my little missive.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Villa,

May I ask you how old you are? And why would you really care what society does after your dead and gone if your not going to be there?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Frankiespeaking:

Villa, "May I ask you how old you are? And why would you really care what society does after your dead and gone if your not going to be there?"

How old do you think I am? Honestly.

villabolo

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I haven't a clue? 30, 40, 59, 65?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bravo!!!

Let's go have a big freaking bonfire, crank the thermostat, and leave all the windows open for days.

Oh, can I guess too? 25 3/16? 84 5/6? 53 1/19?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Frankiespeaking:

I haven't a clue? 30, 40, 59, 65?

So what was the point of asking? Maybe you think I'm young because that's associated with naivette. Maybe you're old and think all old people should have a fatalistic attitude, though very young people can have that as well.

The point is Frankie that you asked me so I'm wondering A) Why? B) What did you expect for an answer or assume about my age?

villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Shamus:

"Let's go have a big freaking bonfire, crank the thermostat, and leave all the windows open for days."

You are such a shame to your species.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit