Please help, I need a list :)

by MisfitMeL 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

Hello everyone,

I expect a major confrontation with my mum in the near future regarding my non-association with JWs.

I plan to discuss my unwillingness to associate based on 'things I have discovered' about the org. I would like to prepare in advance for a lengthy argument and for this purpose I would like to compile a list of issues.

However, I want to discuss using only JW publications. Mum has the WT library (2003) and some books but not the rare or uncommon ones. I want to show her stuff only using these publications so she doesn't go on high 'apostacy' alert.

From my investigation around this site I have discovered the 'organ transplant being cannibalism' and 'adultery is only vaginal sex between man and woman'.

Are there any more issues like this that I can add to my list to help me prepare for this discussion and be able to open her eyes to some extent using ONLY WT publication and the NWT?

Thanks in advance :)

MeL

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

jwfacts.com is an amazing site that has tons of scans of WT literature and quotes from the publications.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very true^ , but purchase Ray Franz' works as they contain alot of copies of various doctrine from WTS publications over the years, Pentons Apocalypse Delayed is worth a look as are " The Gentile Times Reconsidered and Sign of the Last Days When?" The Commentary Press website should be looked at as well.

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

Thanks poopsiecakes!! This looks really good! :D

• Farkel
    Farkel

"By their fruits you shall know them."

End of list.

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Such a tease! I thought you were going to ask for a list of things that make me AWESOME!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

You're welcome, MeL....I found Paul's site when I had already been out for a few years and was toying with the idea of going back in because of lingering feelings of doubt and guilt - it was a lifesaver to me and I think everyone should have the opportunity to go through it, especially my family members who still believe that the JW's have the 'truth'. I'm struggling with how to make that happen since I'm being shunned something huge but I do believe that a way will present itself somehow, someday.

I sincerely hope that you can help your mother see the real light.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Assuming you wish to "win" a discussion, is to not have one. Speak your mind, then cut it off. In their minds, if you continue, they believe they are winning, or at least have a chance at convincing you and more time on their sheet.

I avoid talking that crap with my former JW amigo. They believe they have already won before the discussion even starts.

• blondie
    blondie

'adultery is only vaginal sex between man and woman'.

This is a WT teaching? I think they define adultery as more than that. They consider bestiality and homosexuality adultery now. I do believe that oral sex is considered adultery.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Is there a nice way of putting this??? Um, no...

Rubbing your lovers genitals through their clothing is also adultery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit