My Experience Growing up as a JW

by MissSC 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• waiting
    waiting

Hey MissSC,

Are you from South Carolina? If so, *howdy* - so am I. If not, glad to meet you.

Congratulations on continuing with your education - sounds like you know what you want, and how to accomplish it.

As for our forum, a nice place - but open to all kinds of people & subjects. If you find yourself in a thread not of your liking, just click to another one.....literally pages of threads to choose to get interested in.

Welcome.

waiting

• Carmel
    Carmel

Jesus Waiting,

4300 odd posts? We gotta get a new name fer ya! Maybe a contest for the "verbosity" award!

(Missed ya sweetee)

carmel candy man

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. There were parts of your story that sounded hauntingly familiar ... have you ever lived in KY??

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• MissSC
    MissSC

Waiting, yes, I am from SC.
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi MissSC,

I missed this when it first appeared but I came back to read it. I'm sorry you've had such a rough trot, but it's great that you are moving on with your life! I was brought up as a JW too, as were many on this board.

Welcome!

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Welcome

• lostboy
    lostboy

:) hang in there

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Welcome MissSC,

Many of us here have bruises from life in the Watchtower society. I too, found solace and strength from studying in college. I am currently pursuing my masters too. School is what put the most damaging cracks in my belief system, especially philosophy and the earth sciences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit