Married to the mob

by Married to the Mob 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Oh dear, why on earth did you marry a jw in the first place? I grew up in a divided household and it was miserable, especially at Christmas! I actually dreaded Christmas, it was an intensely unhappy time of year in my home. I would never be able to put my kids through that hell. I hope if you ever have kids together you make it clear that they arent going to be indoctrinated and forced to sit bored shitless in the KH, dressed like little used car sellers.... Still, love is blind I suppose...(and stupid-I know that from personal experience).

You could always be unbelievably generous to your MIL by taking her into the woods and shooting her in the chest several times with a large calibre rife(or shotgun if you prefer). That way you would be able to have a bit more peace, and she would be in a state of blissful non-suffering, just waiting for Jehovah to get his groove on and raise her up. A much better position to be in than all the other countless millions of decent, good-hearted people(like you) who will be destroyed for eternity, simply because they happen to be alive at the time Armageddon takes place...Do her a loving favour, pop some caps in her old ass!

• dissed
    dissed

Bulgogiboy

Very poor taste, especially since a JW just did that to 8 people in Virginia this past week

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.

I'm with Dissed, Bulgogiboy. Fact is, you just broke the 2 topmost rules of this forum and your posting should be censored.

Len

• dissed
    dissed

Married to the mob - lacking Bible understanding??

Keep coming to this site. Before too long you will know more about the WTS than its GB.

Your wife will be astounded at your insite, ask GaryNeal. And your mum-in-law will wonder where you heard that. "Have you been to one of those apostate sites?!"

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

MTTM: Welcome to the board!

I like that name, it really captures the essence of what it's like to be married to a JW. You didn't just marry your bride, you also got her organization and all its crazy rules. I've been there, too, and so have many others here.

the more i pushed the more she moved towards them

Yes, that always seems to be the case. The Watchtower trains them to expect "persecution", so the questions you raise about the organization only reinforce their hold on your loved ones. I think it does little good to actively "push" a member until they show signs that they're receptive to your viewpoint. Having religious arguments with them never seems to be productive. Be there for them and love them, but let them make the first steps on their own. Always remember the problem isn't Jehovah's Witnesses (the people); the trouble comes from the Watchtower Society (a publishing company).

Good luck to you,

GLT

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

I apologise if anyone was offended by my post. I was unaware of the incident in Virginia. And in any case, if it offended anyone I'm sincerely sorry.

• dissed
    dissed

bulgogiboy - Thanks for the post

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Thanks for all your warm words of welcome

dissed - its not a lack of bible understanding, just I can't peel off chapter and verse! I have noticed JW are taught to parrot fashion repeat certain lines of the bible, this doesn't mean they understand them, just they can repeat them. As you are aware, the bible can be interpreted in many ways, what makes the WTS right over another? This is the question I always ask as there is NO proof the WTS is more right than any other!

bulgogiboy - I wish harm to no one. I am no saint. I am not perfect and I have my issues, which are rooted in how I was brought up and coping mechanisms. (My parents are a combination of Gradgrind from the charles dickens novel hardtimes and Mrs Bucket from keeping up appearances) My wife is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and if you ever met her in public you would never know she was JW. As for the MIL whilst I don't like the end is comming and everyone except the JW are doomed BS, and whilst she hopes that I will see the the "truth" and be saved, she also respects that I choose a different path and she is still supportive of me and for that I am grateful.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome MTTM!

Great name ;)

Blessings,

Stephen

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

That was a great read my friend. You seem to have a good handle on things considering your situation. I loved the "used car sales" anaolgy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit