Wha was a Missionary, Bethelite or CO here?

by cyberjesus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yesidid
    yesidid

Creativehoney,

I understand you consider Ray Franz to an ordinary run-of-the-mill sort of person.

And I am wondering what sort of person would garner your admiration and respect.

y

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    this isnt meant to offend but why do people seem to have reverence for Franz? from this side hes just another person stuck in a cult even more so than we were.. all equal on this side?

Me? He wrote a book that profoundly changed my life for the better.

He could have just walked away and kept his mouth shut and lived his life. Rather, he spoke out against injustices that he saw with his own eyes.

I don't have "reverence" for Ray, I have an enourmous sense of gratititude.

He loves Freedom, and that's OK in my book.

• winstonchurchill
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

When there are fan pages all over the Internet for people who's only accomplishment is that they can sing or dance or in some other way attention-whore, I don't see giving some props to a guy who helps change people's lives for the better to be a problem.

Ray rocks. And so do all you other ex-dubs on here helping people.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was just a lowly congregation elder.

I certainly do not revere Ray Franz, but I have a great deal of respect for him. A man of great integrity, whose book brought into focus the doubts I had.

I have just as much respect for so many others among those are the Andersons who also gave up a great deal by exposing the organisations ridiculous policies on child abuse, Tuesday who has created some of the most thought provoking videos on U-Tube, Randy Watters and the Freeminds team and all those on this site who make it their business to help people who have seen the light and need help taking their next step

This is isn't worship or idolising, it is gratitude.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I dont know the guy. But he saved my life and he didnt know it. But lets not hijack the thread (including me) We are trying to have a census

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Potleg was in UK Bethel I think

• asilentone
    asilentone

creativhoney, Ray Franz was in the Watchtower longer than most of us, he deserves our respect.

• etna
    etna

I understand where creativehoney is coming from, but I don't think that Ray would want to be revered. I am forever grateful to him and admire him for letting all know what goes on. He never insists on do what he says, but rather being true to oneself. I have so much respect for Ray and Cythia Franz.

Etna

• Room 215
    Room 215

Brooklyn Bethel 1965-1969

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit