A simple question for serious JW's

by zerubberballs 14 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

Simple Unc, the snails had legs back then just like the snakes.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    When I asked about gravity waves and the electrical conductivity of Gopher wood from Shittim.....

Pure unadulterated hilarity!!!

Man, u guys are sick!

ONE....

bigboi

• Pete
    Pete

... speaking of snails ... I committed suicide once! And boy! that was enough. Talk about a waste of time.

Pete (getting serious/ or is it simple?)

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hoi unc - this snail theory - does it actually PROVE that the gentile times ended in 1914 ?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I've been saying and I keep saying

that it's one thing to do the 'critical thinking' about a worldwide, multi/cross-cultural legends/myths global/local flood;

and quite another to do the critical thinking about the biblical multi translated version. Jesus no speaka da Englis. Doesn't the account, in Hebrew, specifically state 'inhabited earth'. Wasn't the purpose of the flood, in the account, to get rid of destructive people? So a flood that only covered the 'inhabited earth' would be more than sufficient.

And as far as any survivors were concerned, 'the world' as far as they could see would be covered with water.

If there's one thing I walked away from the JW's with, it is: Not to take a stand on something that doesn't need a stand taken on. Blood transfusions, shunning/disfellowshipping, rape resistance, dumb stuff like this (especially with regard to children) needs a stand taken on.

But does the controversy of a flood that cover 1/16, 1/8, 1/104 of the earth surface deserve all the resources that have been devoted to it?

Just my 1/2 cent worth.

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit