semiautomatic air pistols

by megaflower 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I fired a warning shot against my assailant and it got me 4 1 / 2 months in jail.

Just out of curiosity, did you shot 'at him' (make contact), or just at the ground? Wouldn't surprise me either way...

- Lime

• villabolo
    villabolo

Poppers: "There was a lawyer who lived near here that was killed by a pellet gun - he was shot in the head."

Lucky shot. Even 32 caliber pistols, let alone pellet guns, usually bounce off the skull when the trajectory hits the skull at an angle leaving the person shot at dazed but conscious and able to return fire (or perform other harmful life threatening actions). Furthermore, it is extremely difficult to aim for the head which is a third or so of the size of the upper torso. You simply need to put the person down with one shot under difficult circumstances that diminish any accuracy your well practiced aim may have achieved (under ideal circumstances at the shooting range).

What Poppers brought out was basically an assasination where the shooter has the advantage of surprise. When you are attacked the circumstances turn against you by an order of magnitude and you must have every advantage possible. Shooting a bad guy with a pellet gun in the head at a 90 o angle to his skullbone (to prevent ricochet) is more out of Star Wars "use the force Luke".

villabolo

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A person who knows how can rather easily kill with their bare hands. I find it curious that anyone would prefer to cripple or permanently "eff-up" an aggressor rather than simply putting a permanent end to them.

What "morality" smiles on the idea of leaving a predator free to prey on additional victims? (And for clarity here, if someone attacks you with intent of grievous bodily harm, you don't need a judge or jury to tell you that he was an aggressor.) What if someone you loved was raped, assaulted or murdered by someone like Curtis Thompson of Seattle, about whom I've posted numerous times. How would you feel toward the jury that released him from prison because he had a BS (Bible Study) with some JWs? Those same JWs are AFRAID of Curtis Thompson now, but their actions set him free to prowl, assault, rape and murder in the neighborhoods of "worldly" people.

Someone should have put an end to Curtis Thompson (and his dirt-bag brother Drew) long ago. Drew Thompson is in prison now for killing a local university professor.

"Gun Control" means hitting your target!

• villabolo
    villabolo

Lime: "Just out of curiosity, did you shot 'at him' (make contact), or just at the ground? Wouldn't surprise me either way...'

Good question. I shot at the ceiling, rifle pointed at a 45 o angle, nine feet away from him across the ceiling and another three feet away from the top of his head to the top of the untargeted ceiling. It was obviously an intended miss more like a symbolic display of "stay away".

villabolo

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

If you are gonna shoot, SHOOT TO KILL, don't leave them handicapped otherwise you will face a major lawsuit. That's what the cops say too.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

WAC - SHOOT TO KILL

I agree completely, but Megaflower seems to have a problem with that. I was Just giving her other options than a pellet gun. I should have mentioned also that training is necessary. In the state that I live, you have to watch a video and pass a test before you can purchase a firearm. This video spells out the laws for self defense. Even though I have hunted and used firearms since very young, it was informative and helpful to know the laws in your state for self defense. I would even say necessary.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Nathan Natas:

"What "morality" smiles on the idea of leaving a predator free to prey on additional victims? (And for clarity here, if someone attacks you with intent of grievous bodily harm, you don't need a judge or jury to tell you that he was an aggressor.)"

Another good question. Yet you have to realize Nathan that it is not an interaction between two persons or groups that's involved here but a three way relation involving that super predator known as the State. The person firing the warning shot may just be chivalrous and/or he may be intimidated by how the judge or jury would think. I could have solved my problems quickly but this individual was no unknown stranger or thief breaking in, he was my mother's boyfriend who kept telling me he wasn't afraid of my gun after heaping abuse and threat of physical violence. He had wanted to use the toilet while I was there and said that if I didn't get off he would-drawing his arm in a karate chop, bash your larynx motion-kill me. I drew the gun as a standoff weapon. I managed to get away temporarily.

The initial weapon was a pathetic .25. But without getting into long details, I was able to seek partial shelter and substitute my weapon for a more practical Mini 14. He was far away from me at that point in time so that he didn't even know what I had. He just repeated his phrase "I'm not afraid of your gun" and I knew he was thinking .25 so I fired the .223 between him and I at the ceiling to deescalate his threats.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit