Crisis of Conscience page 23

by Butterflyleia85 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zoiks
    zoiks

Butterflyleia85 - I'm glad to see that you're reading CoC. Every page is eye-opening, sometimes astonishing, often heartbreaking. Keep sharing your thoughts on it!

• Chalam
    Chalam

"The Society's vice president, Fred Franz, was acknowledged as the organization's principal Bible scholar. On a number of occasions I went to his office to inquire about points. To my surprise he frequently directed me to Bible commentaries, saying, "Why don't you see what Adam Clarke says, or what Cooke says," or, if the subject primarily related to the Hebrew Scriptures, "what the Socino commentaries say."

Amazing how God used Freddie to get Ray out and thereafter write a book that would save thousands from the WT delusion!

Shame the WT don't believe or teach the content of the commentaries :(

Blessings,

Stephen

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Actually, I think the real reason for personnel churning at Bethel is far more prosaic: Young ones don't need the kind of expensive health care that older ones do.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

There was a paragraph along those same pages that one day made me just laugh out loud at how ridiculous Freddie Franz really was. Ray was doing some research into why the WT inserted "older men" into some scripture (or something like it) and when Ray went to go ask Freddie, all Freddie could say was, "Why don't you consult a less-biased Bible?". Can you believe this?? The NWT was, and still is, toted as the one Bible in the world that is supposed to unbiased. Even Ray admitted that he walked out of the room not knowing if what he had heard was true or not. Crazy!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just a side point - Does Ray Franz still respond to Emails or Phone messages? I have had a fader I knew from OKC who called last week and would like to thank him for COC...he has just read it and says it explained a lot of what he suspected for many years.

If someone could point me to a phone number or link it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

• yesidid
    yesidid

You can email him at [email protected]

He invariably replies.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes he does reply. He sent me an excellent email in response to a letter of appreciation I sent him.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thank you zoiks for your comment yes I am enjoying the COC book. It is an awaking that every troubled JW needs to read. It answers alot of questions that we all ponder over but are discouraged to look into. I am so happy I found this site as well as looked into this book and I hope one day my family will find this same freedom and contentment I have.

Chalam, actually it said it used the commentaries but to our (the peoples) delusion, we didn't have referance to the commentaries, we think (again) that it was coming from the governing body (spiritaul channel). We are lied to where the real understanding of the scriptures are coming from and who the real guides are (so that we will not be incouraged or open to doing real research ourselves for independant thinking). The governing body wants to hold the leadership and direct way of thinking.

The realization is that, wow, isn't there something really wrong with that picture?

Cadellin, interesting comment, can you give more info in why you say this? I might have missed something on this board about the topic of their expences a bet but I do have a bref understanding that some feel that they are money hungry but how they handle insurance and health care I really haven't heard much about.

Civcsi00, Oh yes I loved that comment and I was astonished reading that as well! Thanks for bring that up! I wanted to bring up a ton of points but then I felt maybe the post would get to long and loose ppls interest. But yes thanks for mentioning!

JWood and others, after reading this I would love to thank him as well as he is saving alot of people and hopefully,... maybe.... one day a move in the way things are, will change in a good way. Either the Governing Body will confess their sins to the people, that needs to know how they are being lead and they humble themselves or they be removed or dimissed from their position by a hugh move by the enlighted people (ones marked as "apostate"). It backfired on them I am afraid to say, they become the "prests" or "false prophets" they preach about.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The realization is that, wow, isn't there something really wrong with that picture?

It is only when you encounter the world of the WT with open eyes or JWs leave that the authoritarian dictatorship becomes apparent.

The WT keep a tight grip on their slaves and rule with a heavy hand. Any signs of those trying break loose for freedom and they are reminded, the shackles are for their "protection" and after the slog of hard labour, "paradise earth" will arrive.

The thing is to whole spirit of the WT (both senses of the word) is wrong. I am sure if a JW were to come to Christian church they would see the difference like night and day. As it is, they are in fear of checking out the Church, fear of what they will find due to the WT prejudice, fear of not being able to return to the WT and their JW lives. In my naivety I always used to offer to go to a JW meeting in return that the person comes to church with me. After coming here I see why my offer is always refused.

The spirit of the WT is slavery, heaviness and condemnation.

Jesus did not come to condemn the world but save it from condemnation John 3:17 His message is one of freedom, not slavery. That is not freedom to sin but freedom from sin.

JWs are trying to live "good lives" in their own strength but they can never make it and their is always a sense of guilt for not measuring up.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Blessings, Stephen

• mouthy
    mouthy

[email protected] He does answer when he is able.
    He did ask me NOT to give his phone # He is having pain in his hip.
    And of course you know OLD AGE "aint" what it is cracked up to be.
    Also Cynthia has had problems with her health...
    He get SOOOOO Much snail mail, e-mails, & phone calls that is why he had
    to change his number. He is one in a million in my humble opinion.

Does Ray Franz still respond to Emails or Phone messages?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit