change of position on DF'd persons?

by refiners fire 24 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ummm...Question re my Mothers status...She got DFd 3 months ago and expected to be shunned. Indeed, I told her she WOULD be shunned.
    But she reckons that everyone is being real nice, talking to her in the street, etc, has there been a change of policy?
    Ive been out a long time and would have expected shunning.
    Shes starting to think of me as a false prophet.
    Someone explain current status on the excommunicated.
    Please!

• terafera
    terafera

I can't possibly imagine anyone in the Cong talking to a DF'd person!! THAT totally shocks me!!

My mom got DF'd 6 months ago and no-one talks to her!! I'm DA'd and no-one talks to me either...

So you arent wrong at all!

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Goethe

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Right here and right now, I say to you there has been no change to the Society's mandates regarding disfellowshipped JW's--even children--
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16416&site=3

What change there has been, it seems, is that the Society is so beseiged on so many fronts

...they may be losing their emotional/mental stranglehold in some congregations,at least temporarily, especially outside of North America.

Perhaps there is hope yet!!!

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well this seems very strange.You say there is no change, but they are being friendly, indeed, according to her, going out of their way.
    Id sure like the opinion of a resident site expert, like Farkelman or Amazing...but theyve all abandoned us. Who speaketh expert opinion now to edify the lost sheep on this site!?
    Perhaps the Godlike 'mindchild' might descend from yon lofty,olympian intellectual heights and deem fit to become father and oracle unto us all.
    (Lol.MindC)

• unbaptized_1
    unbaptized_1

refined,

If you are a false anything,than so am I.
    Please let me share in any criticism you are
    receiving. :)) Would a prostitute be shunned
    in the J.W. Congregations as they stand now?
    Then you gotta count Jesus out since he hung
    with them and forgave them of their sins for....
    LOVING MUCH,although I am obligated to say that
    he did admonish all sinners to repent(meaning to
    turn around).The whole df'ing matter is a joke.
    I have more sins than your mom could dream of,
    so no matter what,YOU keep loving,you apostate,
    and do not stop...........no matter what.Leave
    a good account of YOURSELF,always. :))

May Jehovah bless you and your mom, Larry

• flower
    flower

actually someone told me that the latest copy of the watchtower did have some changes in it with regards to the treatment of disfellowshiped persons. i havent found the mag around here yet but when i do i will let you know what it says.

flower

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

• Mulan
    Mulan

What I have heard, from the current elder's school, is that they are tightening up on family that are df'd. Not releasing the bonds at all.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Richie
    Richie

I can only see a tightening up on the part of the Society. The internet poses a real threat to the WT, as people could now discover the inner workings of the hierarchy of things pertaining to the Borg.
    Imagine if they were to relax the shunning practises, there would be more dialogue between DF'd persons and witnesses in general, bringing out the probability of exposure of the GB. Remember that all members are strongly discouraged to browse the internet except for purely "beneficial" reasons, yet those who have left the Watchtower usually and willingly expose themselves to the use of the internet and thus be able to acquant themselves with information previously unattainable.

Richie :*)

• belbab
    belbab

Last summer On H2O a poster named Joe Black, said there existed some experiment that the Society or a group in the Society conducted and he said the experiment was a success, but the Society did not put the experiment into practice but he would not reveal the details.

In the last few months or so, In the Oregon, Washington area, there was a thread on this board that said, top exprienced elders were sent to these areas and they visited shunned ones and used kindness, and persuasion etc. to communicate with them.

Now Refiner, you come up and say something similar, but I see you are from Australia. Is the Society trying stuff in certain areas, to see what works best. I am only fishing here, does anyone else know anything about this. Does any one remember the posts about Washington /Oregon areas. On H20 the threads are still available I believe, just search all the posts by Joe Black. Zerubbabel should remember them.

Belbab, with his ear to the ground, listening

• gumby
    gumby

No change in policy as of yet. Mulans comment was right on.
    What HAS happened is a loosining up on the publishers from the strictness of the society. R-rated movies,talking to df'ed members, going to colledge, planning for retirement, investing,are all things that were once tabboo but is practiced by many dubs at the present.
    My mom, my two sisters, my daughter/son-in-law, all talk to me.
    Other ones in my particular trade that are witnesess, talk to me when I run into them.
    My friends parents who are dubs talk to me when they pass my way.
    I am a known apostate to all of these people and they STILL talk to me.
    Part of the reason is.....I don't cause them trouble and am always kind to them.... and...my family are dubs and I think that helps.
    Congregation also differ in place to place.
    Some are more srtict than other depending on the age of the body of elder in that particular hall.Some are from the "Old School", some not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit