New Songbook: Pedantic Piano Practise?

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

OK, the new songbook has gotten rid of some pretty awful lyrics about molested bees and Nazarites, etc. but after listening to several of the songs played at the Kingdumb Hall, all the songs started ------ to-------sound--------like-------this. One careful paused note per syllable as if the whole songbook was published to help teach children learn how to play piano.

We can't expect "Amazing Grace" from these hacks, I guess. Listen to the recordings and tell me I'm wrong.

metatron

• cofty
    cofty
    Listen to the recordings and tell me I'm wrong.

Is there a link where we can hear the new "tunes"?

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I agree and all the songs seem to have a line added either about obedience or the preaching work I noticed... Mind control at it best... they always say you should let you children listen to rock music cause it can warp them and infulence them. I think they took there own advice! I soo hate the new song book, I seriously refuse to sing to it. They RUINED my favorate song added some line about the preaching work which didn't even apply ..totally screwed it up

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I haven't heard any, only read some lyrics, but they sound scary.

• cattails
    cattails
    Is there a link where we can hear the new "tunes"?

You can download the songs, both all piano and some voice versions, at JW.org under downloads then music.

If you use Windows Media player you can see the lyrics in the window of the application and scroll them manually as the song is played.

Today there was another older song which they changed melody in the middle. It is very disheartening and people are all lost when this happens.

Nobody wants to admit in public that they don't really like the new music, but you should hear private comments when you trust it won't get out.

Imagine a Church changing the words and melody to Amazing Grace, or When the Saints Come Marching In, and then expecting the people to adapt.

• booby
    booby

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNZHFVP

get em here folks. Listen to one, Listen to all. Nah that would be to much.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Listen to the recordings and tell me I'm wrong.

I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers.

Farkel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

JW music and songs are shit.

ATJeff, master of the really obvious music review class.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember a few of the old songs were like that. You get one syllable per note, perfectly timed and unbroken. There was the song that sounded like you are coming to a full stop and singing another song at the end of each line (127 in the old book).

Seems they are doing more of that crap in the new songbook. At this rate, every song is going to have the same note pattern with a few minor variances, with different lyrics. And they are now blatantly worshiping the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger--whatever happened to worshiping God (which they are highlighting they are alone in doing) or Christ? Is this not a "Christian" religion?

If you are going to worship the Devil, I don't have a problem with that. If you are going to worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, I don't have a problem with that. However, if you are going to misrepresent it as worshiping God so you get people into the religion and then prevent them from leaving when they find out that it is a scam, I have a whopper of a problem with that.

• cofty
    cofty
    You can download the songs, both all piano and some voice versions, at JW.org under downloads then music.

If you use Windows Media player you can see the lyrics in the window of the application and scroll them manually as the song is played.

Thanks cattails and booby I mustered enough courage to listen to some of them, was eating some christmas pudding at the time and almost brought it up again. god that was awful , sounds like show tunes written by school children.

Somebody was singing something about "ebb and flo" - must be some faithful old couple at Brooklyn? Maybe it was "ever flow" - don' they make toilet cisterns?

I remember when I was young I used to wonder who "brother hood" was hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit