Who Would Have Joined The Facebook Group When They Were In?

by scotinsw 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I know some of us are having fun reading and commenting on the Watchtower Facebook page and it got me wondering how many of us would have joined it when were in.

I know I would certainly not have. I was never what you would call a spiritual witness. I only stayed in as my friends were are witnesses and really went for the social aspect. I always deleted those chain sick-inducing emails and used to sit and roll my eyes when people used to go on about how wonderful it was being a JW.

What about the rest of you? Would you have joined in spite of the advice to not join these types of groups?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I probably would have, but considering how incredibly boring and vapid it is, I doubt I would have stayed.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I would not. I was too afraid of apostates!

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

I don't think I would have joined.

Although I was a MS and Pioneer, all the "Isn't it so encouraging..." comments would have annoyed me.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

never

tt

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

When I had focused in my mind becoming a bethel elder and future CO, I would have been repulsed at the step-ford behavior of that group.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Actually I might have tried to hook up with some of those cute african brothers that are trolling for babes on there.

TT

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Not me. I might have been the @$$hole elder who were skoping for names.

Conversley, if that ever came up as an elder, I would have tilted toward lieniency if ever a publisher got caught on facebook. I was tired of the witch hunt mentality that many elders have. As if they have nothing better to do.

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Jeff-

In my posting and subsequent dismissal from that FB group, I noticed a lot of defensive attitudes regarding how legitimate they are, conscience matter, we will know by their fruits. etc.

I have been gone from the JWs for over 6 years, I can't imagine that what they are doing would be condoned by local elders.

From your perspective as an ex-elder, am I wrong? Have things changed since I left in 2002?

They just seem to be justifying something they don't want to admit is probably frowned on.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Oh no, there are a ton of guilty consciences there, hiding behind fake names. They know better. This might be a fertile way to help JW's on the internet and expose them to the truth about da troof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit