What will the Witnesses do at Armageddon?

by Sour Grapes 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

What will the Witnesses do at the Great Tribulation when there

is great devastation with buildings being colapsed with people

being buried alive and crying for help. Will the Witnesses help

the people out of the rubble or let them die since it was God's

war? How will they know if the people crying for help are not

JW's and not wicked wordly people? Will the Watchtower Society

bring in the bulldozer's and medical assistance to help the wounded

Witnesses or perhaps their wounds will heal them selves instantly.

With about 7 millions Witnesses to bury 6 billion people there is

going to be a lot of bodies to dispose of. In Haiti those pour

souls are putting toothpaste in their noses to help cover the smell

of the rotting flesh of the dead and that is only for 200,000 dead.

What will 6 billion dead smell like? That is going to take a lot of tooth paste.

The Witnesses better put extra tooth paste in their survival bags.

Sour Grapes

• cantleave
    cantleave

The bodies will be disposed of by anti-matter. Didn't you know that?

• moshe
    moshe

They will cower inside the KH and wait for miraculous help- well, they haven't though past that part of Armageddon.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

They are trained and conditioned to go into their interior rooms and not look at the pain and suffering of others and not to let their eye feel sorrow.

You can see that exemplified by this haiti disaster. They are only worried about their 'brother's' because they have been trained not to worry about other's.

• spawn
    spawn

Surely when Armageddon comes we will all be saved by Bruce Willis in a white vest!!!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Surely, if God needs to kill 6 billion people, he can make it a clean kill, heh? Maybe he could just turn the people off? Anytime you start thinking about the actual things that are supposed to happen at Armageddon, the mental blocks start tumbling down.

The witness hope is a materialistic one where God does everything for them. No need to think rationally about it all.

That is a good point to bring out to witnesses. Why does God need to destroy 6 billion people and what will it be like?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Choosing life, you raised a couple of questions that made me log on. I wondered the same about why the dramatics when executing divine judgement? Thinking about the examples in the Bible, you've got raining fireballs, global flooding (which He promised never to do again, so that's out), the earth opening up and swallowing people, allowing one savage nation to conquer another nation, rivers crashing down on persuing armies,etc.. It's all a bit dramatic. You mean to tell me theres no off switch for humans? If an appliance isn't working, I pull the plug on it. No need to take a mallet and whack it several times to prove a point.

You also mentioned the materialistic hope Witnesses hold. I think that comes from what they (myself included) give up in their lives now. It makes me think of 1 Cor 15:19, "if only in this life we have hoped in Christ, we are of most men to be pitied." Hardcore JWs have given up so much, possibly wasted so much of their lives, that now they feel as if they're owed something. Does that make sense?

The destruction of 6 Billion leaves me unsettled at times too. I work in a office building, and I've got a great view of the city. I look out at it sometimes, and I find it hard to imagine that it's all going to be destroyed. It just doesnt make sense to me.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The Witnesses make the great tribulation sound so painless. They use terms like:

When God cleanses the earth, when God brings an end to this old system,

when a 1,000 years of peace begins, when paradise finally gets here, when

God wipes away the wicked, etc. It sounds so clean and neat and sterile.

The only problem is, look at Haiti, there will be no running water, no electricity,

no cell phones, food in freezes will be no good in about a week, no air conditioning,

no heat, no washers and dryers, no cars (unless God makes the gas flow out

of the underground storage tanks) And one more thing 6 billion dead men,

women, children, babies and a lot of dead animals. The stench is going to

be horrific. They will be busy a long time burying bodies, then building those

pretty houses that you see in the Watchtower without power tools. Unless

they generate electricity by burning coal, but then you have to dig up coal,

but then you need heavy machininery, but then you need big polluting companies

to make the equipment, and hot and dirty steel mills, foundries, forge shops,

and you need the bosses and workers. It sounds like what we have now.

Maybe we are are already in Paradise. Maybe the Witnesses were right

and the end came in 1975. Ah, free at last!

Sour Grapes

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Haven't you read the 1957 booklet, "After ARMAGEDDON - God's Free Lunch"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit