An Apology

by XJW4EVR 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Pat Robertson only talks for himself and his hate filled agenda.

I don't judge Christians at all until they make their way into the political arena. When it comes to Robertson, what Jesus (supposedly) said applies: "By their fruits, you will recognize them."

I can smell rotten fruit a mile away.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Many Christians do not accept Pat Robertson as "our leader".
    Sadly, many atheists, agnostics and skeptics have projected Mr. Robertson as our leader.

I`m Agnostic..

I don`t presume Pat Robertson is your leader

Your projecting a Projection..

You assume many who are not Christian,have..

Robertson is an Assh*le who calls himself a Christian.

Most Non Christians don`t have a problem with Christians..

Almost everyone has problems with Assh*les..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Almost everyone has problems with Assh*les..

Assholes don't. Just look at the JW Governing Body. They like each other!

Farkel

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And they say religion doesn't hurt ones own personal intellect ........right

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Your projecting a Projection.. You assume many who are not Christian,have..

Not so, I have had a number of experiences upon which I am basing my viewpoint.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    :Almost everyone has problems with Assh*les..
    Assholes don't. Just look at the JW Governing Body. They like each other!
    Farkel

LOL@Farkel!!..

For the most part..

Assh*les will put up with each other..

Being an Assh*le,is a way of life for them..

Until one Assh*le..

Out-Assh*les,the other Assh*le..

Then you have a "War of the Assh*les"..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Pat Robertson calls himself a Christian, but that comment he made evidences that he doesn't understand Christ.

I'd like to add "hear, hear" to everything Outlaw said.

BTS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Not so, I have had a number of experiences upon which I am basing my viewpoint..

And..

I have posted as a Non-Christian..

I do not Share that view point..

Had Robertson not acted like an Assh*le..

People would`nt be pointing out,he`s an Assh*le..

Being a Christian does`nt make you an Assh*le..

Being an Assh*le,makes you an Assh*le..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

Pat Robertson is to Christians what the Underwear Bomber and other radical Muslims are to Islam.

When did Pat Robertson blow up innocent people?

Maybe some of you would care to read these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blessing_International

Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation (OBI) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) humanitarian organization based in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA. Since 1978, Operation Blessing International has provided hunger relief, disaster relief, medical aid and community development to more than 192.8 million people in 96 countries and all 50 states, providing goods and services valued at more than $1.2 billion. Operation Blessing is governed by a national board of directors that includes founder M. G. "Pat" Robertson, his wife, and son Gordon. [ 1 ]

History

Founded on November 14, 1978 by businessman, televangelist, and philanthropist Pat Robertson, Operation Blessing was originally set up to help struggling individuals and families by matching their needs for items such as clothing, appliances, and vehicles with donated items from viewers of The 700 Club, Robertson's daily television program.

http://www.700club.tv/cbn-news/cbn-news/201-operation-blessing-haiti-quake-relief.html

Operation Blessing Haiti Quake Relief

13 JANUARY 2010

It was late afternoon when the 7 magnitude earthquake rocked the Haitian capital, Port au Prince. The soft-sand building foundations stood no chance as thousands of structures fell to pieces. Schools, hospitals, hotels, shops and houses collapsed in less than a minute.

Facing an extraordinary human tragedy, Operation Blessing began mobilizing the same afternoon. Providentially, we had a major project going on already in the city.
    Our local OB Director, Eric Lotz had spent that very morning trying to repair a disastrous plumbing problem inside the city’s main hospital. Raw sewage was leaking into the operating theatre! It was the last direct communication we would have from Eric.

As the quake struck, we later learned he was able to flee from the hospital building and then walk eight miles to his home. Eric’s family was safe, but his house was destroyed.
    Operation Blessing had spent much of November 2009 working to improve Haiti’s infrastructure. One project was to import simple plastic filters that could take even dirty pond or river water and turn it into pure drinking water.
    OB had just imported a steel container with more than £1 million pounds worth of medicine to donate to the hospitals and clinics. The drugs were still in the port when the earthquake struck.
    Entire communities surrounding Port au Prince have been destroyed and the city’s 1.3 million people are in desperate circumstances. It’s estimated that a third of the country’s entire population may not have any safe housing, nor access to safe running water.
    The experienced OB disaster team flew in from the USA and UK within 24 hours of the quake to begin emergency assistance. OB teamed up with medical personnel and even a sniffer dog unit from Spain. With transport and other facilities already in place, Operation Blessing was one of the first aid agencies to begin coordinated plans learned from our earlier efforts to help victims of hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
    The task of helping the desperately poor, homeless and injured people of Haiti is a huge challenge for all aid agencies and governments. One key advantage that OB will be utilizing is our knowledge and contact with pastors, churches and missionaries around the country. These Christian leaders will know of real, individual needs so we can effectively channel help to families and not just give random hand-outs.
    Operation Blessing is your eyes and ears and hearts ‘on the ground’ during one of the world’s most lamentable tragedies. Because of your support, we are there, extending and hand of friendship and love to so many shattered lives. To make a donation, . . .OBI teams are en route to the quake zone in Haiti to assess damage and strategize relief efforts.

Help Haiti’s victims now with a donation of $25 or more. Call 0800 432 0700 to make a donation or visit our OB UK website at www.operationblessing.org.uk

http://www.700club.tv/cbn-news/cbn-news/202-statement-regarding-pat-robertsons-comments-on-haiti-.html

Statement Regarding Pat Robertson's Comments on Haiti

CBN.comVIRGINIA BEACH, Va., January 13, 2010 -- On today’s The 700 Club, during a segment about the devastation, suffering and humanitarian effort that is needed in Haiti, Dr. Robertson also spoke about Haiti’s history. His comments were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Boukman Dutty at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. This history, combined with the horrible state of the country, has led countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries to believe the country is cursed. Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them. His humanitarian arm has been working to help thousands of people in Haiti over the last year, and they are currently launching a major relief and recovery effort to help the victims of this disaster. They have sent a shipment of millions of dollars worth of medications that is now in Haiti, and their disaster team leaders are expected to arrive tomorrow and begin operations to ease the suffering.

Whatever you think about Pat's comments, the actions of the organisation he founded (Operation Blessing) speaks volumes.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Farkel
    Farkel

Chalam,

:Whatever you think about Pat's comments, the actions of the organisation he founded (Operation Blessing) speaks volumes

Not that long ago, one of the biggest if not THE biggest charity in San Francisco gave millions to help poor and otherwise disadvantaged people. That charity was loved by all and did countless good things for people.

Doing good deeds is only one measure of someone's "goodness," but doesn't necessarily present the entire picture of who the person is.

By the way, the man who started and ran that charity I mentioned was named Jim Jones. There are over 900 people who might have a slightly different viewpoint of how "good" he was, if they only could express it now.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit