An Apology

by XJW4EVR 31 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

As a Christian, I would like to apologize for the stupid and insensitive remarks made by Pat Robertson. Instead of throwing stones from his ivory tower in Virginia, he should have taken a que from the One he claims to follow who when asked about the murders of Galileans making their sacrifices by Pilate said, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish" (Luke 13:2-5, NIV).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was wondering who spoke for every Christian on planet earth..

Now I know..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'll put an amen on that. I wanted to throw things at the TV set when I saw a clip of what he said. Statements like that make us look like idiots.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Statements like that make us look like idiots.

Only if you accept Pat Robertson as your Leader..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Many Christians do not accept Pat Robertson as "our leader". Sadly, many atheists, agnostics and skeptics have projected Mr. Robertson as our leader.

• poppers
    poppers

I'd rather hear an apology from Robertson.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    I'd rather hear an apology from Robertson.

So would I. In fact, the only thing I would like to hear next from Mr. Robertson is an announcement that he is retiring from public ministry.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

So what did Patty say this time?

I'm guessing it was something like "the Haitians brought this all upon themselves"

He's a shock jock minister, they need to say stuff like that to keep people talking about them.

He's like a troll, the only way to get rid of him is to ignore him.

• VIII
    VIII

Pat Robertson is to Christians what the Underwear Bomber and other radical Muslims are to Islam. IMO. And many other calm, rational people like me. *We* realize that he is a moron who doesn't speak for mainstream Christians anymore than Osama Bin Ladin does for mainstream Muslims.

So, when a Liberal (It usually is a Liberal) groups all *Christians* under the banner of the 700 Club, *they* look not too bright. Would the Pope agree with Pat Robertson?

I don't think you need to apologize for him at all. Especially on a board full of Ex-JWs. People who might have agreed with his message not too long ago when they were JWs. They might not have voiced it, but they thought it. You know they did.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The fact that someone else has to apologize for Robertson speak volumes about the man himself.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit