Yet Another Generation: What Have JW's EVER Got Right? (a Public Service Announcement)

by AllTimeJeff 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

He who has the ball (or in this case YOUR balls) makes the rulz.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Neverendingjourney -- 2133 sounds way off

I vote for the year 2112 as being the end of this "Wicked System of Things".

(thinly veiled Rush [the band] reference there...)

Darth Fader

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The problem as far as I am concerned with this: ZERO, as in, ain't got one damn thing right yet.

JW's used to love bragging about 1914. Until 1995.

At least the old date was straightforward. The problem is, it isn't right. They have to disavow 50 years of dogma, simply because it didn't come true. How in the world does that make you "the true religion"?

Cadellin, I agree. With JW's, there is always a question of just what direction the weirdness will come from.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If the WBT$ gets it wrong..

It`s because they are imperfect..

That proves they are Gods Organization..

If the WBT$ ever gets it right..

That would be a 1st..

As long as the WBT$ is Wrong..

JW`s know they are in the Right Organization!..

........................OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Is this new orchestrated bullshit really that surprising, they've known for awhile now that anyone that was born around 1914 are all but

gone now, so new righteous bullshit had to be devised .

You can best be assured they worked on this one for some time.

After all its the GB's sole job to devise bullshit so it draws attention to the masses and to make it somewhat believable at the same time.

The WTS. has a billion dollars in assets and many are directly feeding off these acquired sums, especially the GB,

so its not unexpected that they would come up with some BS to keep this all intact.

Aren't you ashamed that you sent these assholes your money now ?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The dumb gullible JWS will just comprehend this as , oh that clarifies this up now, I was kind of wondering about this since I don't know of

any anointed ones who are in their 90's or even 100 years old.

Thank you faithful slave for finally clearing that up.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

To supplement the thoughts in neverendingjourney's comments ... lest anyone should forget how close we are to the end:

w.1950 11/1 p. 419 Use the Remaining Time Wisely

MAKE no mistake about it, "the appointed time has grown very short." "Look carefully then [keep strict watch, NW] how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil." (1 Cor. 7:29; Eph. 5:15, 16, RS) How much shorter nowadays the remaining time, and how much greater the need to make the most of it!

Whereas Paul saw things with the eye of faith, today the reality stares us in the face. The consummation of the present system of things has been reached. Bible chronology and fulfilled prophecy-total world wars, famines, pestilent diseases, earthquakes, heart-stopping sorrows and fears-are signs of the times or milestones, notifying men and nations where they are on the stream of time. The thirty-six intervening years since 1914, instead of postponing Armageddon, have only made it nearer than most people think. Do not forget: "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matt. 24:34)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm hoping another shoe drops. There have been a lot of changes in the past couple years and they make the rank and file uncomfortable. New meeting arrangements. New songbooks. New generation teaching. Is the next shoe going to be the still-rumored elimination of circuit overseers for the 2011 service year? More changes mean more disgruntlement and that's always good.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Does the 2010 explaination shorten or extend the length of the generation? (as opposed to the 2008 explaination)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Seems to me that it shortens it to two overlapping generations. 2008 was vaguely just "the anointed" so that as long as anyone was still alive, nibbling, and sipping at the Memorial, they could claim the generation is continuing. Now, it appears that the last of the current anointed has to be at least old enough to have been born while the 1914 era anointed was still alive to be part of the official generation.

That's my take on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit