If Haiti's population was 80% Jehovah's Witnesses..............

by Judge Dread 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

How do you think they would be doing right now?

Judge Dread

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There would be no Doctors to help the injured but at least they would have clean windows...oh wait...all the windows are broken...?

• asilentone
    asilentone

taking care of themselves?

• Mary
    Mary

In all honesty, they'd probably be doing a decent job as least as far as rebuilding is concerned. While I think there are relatively few doctors who are Witnesses, the Organization as a whole is very well organized when it comes to disaster relief. Even if 80% of the population were Dubs, the UN would still be sending in doctors and medical supplies etc. while Witnesses from all over the world would be decending on Haiti to help "save their brethren". And with such a large percentage of the population being Witnesses, I'm sure headquarters would cough up enough cha-ching to make sure all the KH's were rebuilt in record time.

The criticism I have towards the Organization when disaster strikes, is that their help is almost invariably focus all their attention on helping other Witnesses first, and other people second. Not only that, but their motive for helping out non-Witnesses seems to be not out of genuine love for their fellow man (because they're not taught that), but rather to "give a fine Witness". This is truly a shame and I don't blame the average Witness for this---I blame the "Slave", because they're the ones who have instilled the "us vs. them" attitude in the rank and file, no doubt so that Witnesses don't find out that 'worldly' people are no different than what they are.

• whereami
    whereami

Spot on Mary.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ would be making a lot more money..

On thier Disaster Relief Scams..

Does the WBT$ help JW`s during times of disaster?.. Yes..

And..

The WBT$ milks any Disaster Relief Money available from the local governments..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• KT944
    KT944

I'm doing the math, lets see. Only 20% of Hatians would be hungry, 20% looting, 20% complaining, 20% shooting others, etc.

• KT944
    KT944

What! taking care of their own before helping others. What's going on, reminds me of when Jesus fed the 5 thousand with 2 fish and a loaf of bread. Jesus fed his disciples first, you silly rabbitt's, taking care of family first. Was that wrong? Two types of people on here. Those that help and those that complain about those who help.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:If Haiti's population was 80% Jehovah's Witnesses..........

As soon as all the R&F dubs in the helping Congregations ran out of money, all aid would stop. Headquarters would still be building monuments to themselves and investing in Wall Street, though.

Farkel

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

JW's would suddenly have newfound appreciation for the various world militaries (especially the USA), the Scarlet colored wild beast, and "worldly" people in general who are (and still would be) donating to save Jehovah's Witness lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit