Watchtower sez....Napoleon's generation is still alive today!

by sir82 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Based on their new defintion of a "generation" from the 4/15/2010 WT, that is:

How, then, are we to
    understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”?
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation.

Think about it:

It's the year 2010. Around the world there are thousands of persons alive now who are at least 100 years old.

They were all born in the year 1910 or earlier.

In the year 1910, there were hundreds if not thousands of persons, somewhere in the world, who were 100 years old.

Those folks were born in the year 1810 or thereabouts.

Napoleon's final defeat at Waterloo didn't occur until 1815.

The lives of "this generation", people 100+ years old today, "overlapped" the generation of people alive when Napoleon was menacing Europe. Thus, per the WT's definition, these "overlapping" groups of people comprise "one generation".

QED....the "generation of Napoleon's time" is alive and well!

Spread the word among your JW friends!

• Gayle
    Gayle

All generations "overlap." My grandfather's generation overlapped to my dad's generation and onto to my generation, three generations involved. We did not become "one" generation. I did not become my grandfather's generation. The WTS likes to complicate the simplest of things to fit their convoluted, scrambled up lies. Lies on top of lies.

• chickpea
    chickpea

evidently...

evident
    late 14c., from L. evidentem (nom. evidens ) "perceptible, clear, obvious," from ex- "fully, out of" + videntem (nom. videns ), prp. of videre "to see" (see vision). http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=evident&searchmode=none

perceptible, clear, obvious.... so obviously perceptible it has unending incarnations to make it clear

• sir82
    sir82

I usually don't BTT my own topics, but this got buried pretty quickly, and I think it is a pretty good illustration of the absurdity of the WT's new doctrine (if I do say so myself!)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, sir82

You bumped properly.

Thank you. I keep reading their explanation and I can't figure out what they're saying. Your explanation is clear.

• VM44
    VM44
    How, then, are we to
    understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”?
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation.

This is crazy!

Jesus said "this generation," not "these generations"!

Note also the use of the weasel words "He evidently meant"!

Typical Watchtower Speak.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

"Evidently" implies the existence of "evidence." I'd sure like to know what that might be - apart from the failure of their previous teaching, that is.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Love it!

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Ah

Finally, all you apostates who claim the slave keeps changing it's minds, and fits the biblical definition of a false prophet - we have new light, which just proves Jehovah's celestial chariot-like organisation, prophesied by Ezekiel, is alive and kicking today, moving progressively, in a progressive, new light, present truth, kind-of-way. I am so glad to have recieved the light from Mount Brooklyn and the High Priest Council of the Governing Body Of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class, The Rebekah Class, who feeds the Camel-like Other Sheep with the Refreshing Waters Of God's Word, Just When Needed. I shall take this away, an meditate upon it, knowing that this truly is food at the proper time, from the slave, faithfully dispensing nourishing golden nuggets of spiritual richness.

Or, as one poster on this forum put it......

another nugget of utter tripe, polished with Dr Guff's Tu*d Polish.

• cofty
    cofty

That seems like inescapable logic Sir82 - I know most will not join the dots but I think at least some will throw in the towel over this same as many of us did in 95

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit