Something You Hate About The Jehovah's Witness Religion

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The idea that TRUTH is based on something rather than nothing is insidious.

William Miller was a self-taught Baptist lay preacher who had been agnostic until his regiment won a battle he thought a certain loss. Suddenly, he began entertaining the notion that God intervened among humanity! With no other basis than his presumptions, Miller pulled together a stack of religious books and began trying to work out when Jesus was going to come back and end the World and take his true believers to heaven.

Outrageously, Miller convinced way too many fellow believers (and pissed off plenty of others) he knew date-certain when the Second Advent of the Lord was going to happen. His followers urged him to set a date.

Despite the urging of his supporters, Miller never personally set an exact date for the expected Second Advent. However, in response to their urgings he did narrow the time-period to sometime in the Jewish year beginning in the Gregorian year 1843, stating: "My principles in brief, are, that Jesus Christ will come again to this earth, cleanse, purify, and take possession of the same, with all the saints, sometime between March 21, 1843, and March 21, 1844. [ 21 ] March 21, 1844, passed without incident, and further discussion and study resulted in the brief adoption of a new date (April 18, 1844) based on the Karaite Jewishcalendar (as opposed to the Rabbinic calendar). [ 22 ] Like the previous date, April 18 passed without Christ's return.

What was the "Truth"? The date came and went.

Miller was in error!

Wouldn't an honest man and honest believers take this as proof of error?

Wouldn't they know what, at least, wasn't TRUE? What to avoid doing next time? Surely.

But, no.

They set another date certain by doing the same damned thing they did wrong the first time!

And believed it!

And....were dead wrong again!

And so on....

Others came and went with new ideas, proofs and dates...........

What you've got to hate is the intellectual dishonesty of the process!

Without William Miller you'd not have had a Pastor Russell. Without Pastor Russell you'd have had no corporation for Judge Rutherford to take over and wield to suit his prejudices. Without Rutherford's creatively weird notions and Fred Franz's crackpot ruminations you'd not have had a fast growing religious cult of zealous date-setters looking for Armageddon any minute!

Each date set and missed drove them deeper into self-ruin!

Stubborn disregard for TRUTH made them view everything they said, printed and taught as THE TRUTH. I ask you, does that make sense?

I HATE THAT!!

I wasted 18 years of my life on this intellectual dishonesty.

People who can not, will not, never will admit when they are dead wrong are hateful people full of self-importance and cruel in their treatment of others who finally admit they've been fooled.

This is something I hate about Jehovah's Witness religion.

They've established Jehovah's Kingdom on a fake date (1914) and all the millions of words printed about it are as silly and witless as the loony tunes William Miller and those who believed him in the first place.

Jesus has been ruling for 96 years and hasn't improved a damned thing!!

It is all a damnable lie...

WHY ISN'T THIS OBVIOUS???

• megaflower
    megaflower

one simple sentence, its a he man woman hating club

• flipper
    flipper

Uh, how about everything ? Yeah, I think that about covers it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All the rules. "No fornication" is bad enough, but they have to add so many stipulations about what constitutes "fornication". And they had to add rules against things that have a correlation with fornication (even if both fornication and the "offense" in question have a common cause). These extra rules take away all the fun from going to the a$$emblies, as well as all the hope of finding a decent partner.

And, even though they take all the fun out of the a$$emblies, they still expect you to donate as if the fun were still there. Which takes even more fun away from people--along with going out in field circus (with just men), despite them having blah-ified it to the extreme (they wonder why blah-ifying something results in my doing even less, or none).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a pretentious kingdom constructed by dishonest corrupt ignorant men.

The power they obtained was derived from dishonest means.

• leec
    leec

It looks like the previous posts have pretty much run the gamut, but I'll put in a vote for ... that it blackmails you into obeying by holding hostage the only people you have been allowed to be acquainted with. how freaking cruel can it get. ... sorry i am just letting things bother me but that's my observation

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The influence they had over profound decisions I faced in life. They really mess with people's lives and take away huge things. Every bit as cultish and evil as Jim Jones, just wrapped in a prettier package.

• inbetween
    inbetween

The fact, that they broke away from strange and unbiblical (my opinion, no debate required ;-)

teachings like hellfire, trinity, idol worship etc...and then, once you trusted their reasoning, they introduce through the back-door things like:

manmade rules (about holidays, blood, JC etc)

GB worship

stretching of scriptures ("slave class", little flock, head covering many many more)

guilt and fear

and: You swallow it, because they taught such precious truths (see above), you turn off your brain, once you trust them.

This tactic is visible in the main study aids:

first the "bible teach" book, containing mostly reasonings which I still believe to a large part , like introducing God, Jesus, Gods purpose, resurrection hope etc...all nice, and has at least some substance...(most people dont care much about the 7 times anyway, as long as they find confoirmation, that our days are the last days....)

and after you learned this, they come with the new "rule" book, "Gods love"....I wonder how many would continue study, if you started with the Gods love book first, when they still have their brains turned on...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Now that I have been out for sometime, ALL OF IT.

• awildflower
    awildflower

The superiority and how they always expect everyone anywhere to accommodate them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit