My Stuggling Life Story

by Coreash 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. Please don't draw away from your children. They need a father who loves them.

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Welcome to you in this space, where you can feel free to open you heart..as you did. It has been very sad to read your story. But if it helps, I have a nephew (son of my JW sister) who has abused when he was 5 y.old since 10y. old. He got baptized, as all around him in the congregation did. He started to talk to my husband and me, about his sexual orientation, we have understood his situation and talked a lot to him, he feels a special attachment to us, but his parents cannot accept at all, he leaves still with them and the situation is really hard because his father every two words brings the conversation on the subject.

We have tried to let them think with their head and heart...very difficult. Anyway, my nephew, has taken his own decision, to stop his association with the organization and announced to his family that he has a male-friend. Hard for them to accept, but now he feels better, he feels free from the oppression of this organization.

You have the blessing of having also children, stay in love with whoever you want, enjoy your life, it is the only life we have.....the new order is only a dream of the Watchtower. Our God is much more understanding and lovable than any elder, you do not owe any explanation to them . God will understand your situation, he loves you anyway. Keep strong and get free of all your misplaced fears! All the best to you!

Claudia

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

You are welcome here. Thank you for sharing your story.

You are a valid person with tremendous worth. Don't let anything or anyone convince you otherwise. Your kids need you so much, gay or not. Okay, so you're gay. That's who you are. We're all SOMETHING and that's what you are. Your challenge now is to be the BEST gay guy you can be--the kind, caring and compassionate queer that's been squashed down all these years. He's there, I know it.

As another poster suggested, get some good, professional help. You've been abused and that messes you up big time. You need to heal. You need to heal for yourself and for your kids. It can be done; you're not alone. This is a good place to be.

Peace.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Thank you so much for sharing your heart-wrenching story. I hope that you continue to share your experiences and perspective.

• Coreash
    Coreash

To each and everyone of you who has commented on my story.

I cant thank you all enough for the love and support each and everyone has given to me in this thread. I know its going to be a difficult time for me ahead and whether I get through this or not, well who knows.....only time will tell. I will of course keep praying for help and continue to take small steps in getting myself sorted if that can ever be possible. But for now I will continue loving my children and enjoy every second in there company. Thank you all again so very much. x
  • bohm
    bohm

Wow, thanks for a very long and touching introduction. I hope you will find support here to help you.

When i read about your experience with your sexuality, uncle - i keep thinking that if there ever was a good reason for going to a therapist, this would be it. At any rate, your experiences are extreme, but some here have been through things that has certain similarity - dont be afraid to start new topics for support or advice.

WELCOME!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi CA and welcome!

The WT are modern day Pharisees, pure legalists who have created their own law and tell all JWs to live by that standard or they will die.

Of course, no-one can even keep to the standards of the ten commandments.

There is one way to life and it is not by "being good" or "trying hard".

Romans 8 (New International Version)

Life Through the Spirit
    1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.

Ask Jesus for His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is for all who believe Acts 2

Blessings,

Stephen

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit