Observation on 'new light' on this generation

by isaacaustin 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

observation:

How, then, are we to
    understand Jesus’ words about "this generation"?
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation.
    That generation had a beginning, and it
    surely will have an end.

This speaks of the 1914 generation of annointed and other annointed, it does not say ‘the next group of annointed’. This does not call this other group of annointed consecutive to the 1914 crew. This could then span multiple generations????

• sd-7
    sd-7

Are you kiddin'? It's time to face up to the reality that you will never grow old in this system of things. But if you do, by some chance, and especially if you ignore us and get an education and make lots of money in this dying system of things, make sure you donate your will/trust/investments, payable to 'Watch Tower' (that's two words).

SD-7

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They will get to your thought in 60 years or so. For now, they want the members to believe it is a single overlap from the 1914 anointed to the Great Trib. anointed. Later when time is up (again), they will allow for a continuous overlap- like shingles on a roof.

So stop running ahead of the chariot. The horses might just run you over.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, what this is- a further refining of the 2008 change which changed because nobody understood the 1995 change. With a bit of rapid refining, they can say their previous understanding was that the generation was:

The 1914 generation. The wicked people alive in the time of the end.
    The anointed in the time of the end.

They can show how they were right in their previous understanding, but are more right now. At the same time, it allows die-hard members to speculate how they might have thought they were right with the long-held 1914 generation teaching. As mentioned already, they will re-institute some urgency in the movement for awhile and then when the last days last too long (again) they will add a few "overlaps."

I think it's kind of nice of the GB to leave a parachute for "the next generation" of GB to stretch this teaching out later.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Issacaustin,

It's like listening to your old pal Reinna - her explanations, that is.

Truly there was a prophet among us...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I commented on the other thread, but it is pathetic how they keep shedding "new light" on this.

Like others have said, they just bought themselves a bunch more time, especially since the "new light" couldnt be anymore vague and confusing.

How does this explain then the number of anointed being sealed around 1935?

Those people would be at least 75 years old now, and if they were baptised and chosen as "annointed", wouldnt they at least be 20 years old or so at that time? That would make them at least 95 now, most of whom are dead.

My head REALLY hurts now.......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

'when it fails they will say that 'some of Jehovah's people have speculated that this could only last 2 generations...'

I loved that comment on another thread about this new understanding.
    Yogi Berra: It's like [1975] all over again.

If I ever want to know what Jesus evidently or apparently meant, the last people I would ask are at WTS.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

All I can say is that, if/when this new light passes without any problem that PERHAPS this may bode well for a new light on Blood.

*crosses fingers*

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

a continuous overlap- like shingles on a roof

I love that, OTWO. And, hey -- that now explains the recent increases -- not decreases -- of partakers. Makes perfect sense to me.

Where do I join up?

Len

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Shamus, that's a blast from the past.

I just can't help but to wonder how Jesus must wish that the governing body was alive when he was on earth so they could have guided him in these area. Hmmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit