Favorite Watchtower words or short phrases

by darthfader 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

one they used to use in the old days a lot, not unique to them, but really annoying because it was pompous, unnecessary, and meant nothing was :

"As it were"

it really got on my mammary glands, as did all of the ones you guys have mentioned, how did I stick it for so long ? and not explode ?

Love

Wobble

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Train your conscience

Inculcate your children from infancy

Conscience matter

Brotherly love

Theocratic arrangement

Uplifting experience

Donation arrangement

Theocratic warfare

• life is to short
    life is to short

"This is not the real life." and I hated, hated calling people "brother and sister" I mean I hate it.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Oh and "GOOD FOR YOU" GOOD FOR YOU" this one elder would say that when you talked about going to the meetings. Hated that.

• Mary
    Mary

"guard against independent thinking"

"Happified"

"apostate thinking"

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

"We believe what the Bible says on the matter," when in reality the Bible doesn't say boo on the matter. Like the numbers 607 and 1914 do NOT appear in the Bible. I also love how "New light" is always quoted when the use it. They make it seem that the phrase appears in the Bible. I once had an argument with a sister who INSISTED "new light" appeared in the Bible. I dared her to find it, she has yet to get back ot me.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

The World vs the truth. Typical cult language, us against them, right vs wrong, good against evil.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Give Jehovah your all.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Present truth /light

Old truth /light

New truth /light

smiddy

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

I used the term "Local Needs" the other day and my husband said it gave him flash backs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit