Favorite Watchtower words or short phrases

by darthfader 42 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

I have seen these words/phrases used frequently by the WTBS and rarely elsewhere. ** Warning, this may become a barf inducing list. Your mileage may vary.

1. Faithful and Discreet Slave
    2. Field Service
    3. Modern day Antediluvians (pulled that one out of my hat)

What words or phrases strike you as uniquely "Watchtower"?

Darth Fader

• zoiks
    zoiks

*plugs ears* lalalalalalalalala

• fokyc
    fokyc

"Wait on Jehovah" and " qualified" , I hate both of these

I was never qualified for anything and I'm fed up waiting for Jehovah.

fokyc

• yknot
    yknot

Discern....Discerning......discerned....

I have rarely ever heard a non-jw use that word as many times as I hear it from myself and others associated with the WTS......

• goldensky
    goldensky

"To make arrangements", "circuit overseer" (my husband asked me whether those guys wear helmets the first time he heard the term at a meeting. It took me a few seconds to understand what he meant), "to paraphrase a scripture" (he also cracked up when he heard one of the oddball brothers say to another from the stage: "Paraphrase, brother, paraphrase").

• rocketman
    rocketman

"Reaching Out for Privilages" in the congregation. (Alternatively, can include "in the congregation" in the quotation).

"The brothers" as a term for all in the congregation, or of course just the males.

"The work" and "the preaching work".

"Prominent" - some elders were referred to as "prominent".

"The friends" - for some reason, I never liked this one. I guess it implied everyone else was the enemy.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I REALLY HATE CALLING THIS " THE TRUTH " AND I ALSO COME TO HATE THE WORD ENCOURAGE. OTHER UNHAPPY WORDS ARE CONVENTION ASSEMBLEY SPECIAL DAY MEMORIAL AND GILEAD MISSIONARIES.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

'Timely'

'It behooves us'. Behooves? WTF does that even mean?

'Theocratic'

These are just a few of the phrases that make me want to punch someone. There are many more, but I had better stop now as i'm feeling nauseus!

BorgHater x

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Happified. (barf)

ministerial servant/school.

Bad association. (I was one.)

Just around the corner.................

• sir82
    sir82

The big one, from the thread on the "generation" noo lite:

Evidently

Translation: "Yep, we were wrong again, but this time, by george, we got it right!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit