adolescent JW shenanigans--nicknaming fellow JW's

by razorMind 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Hey you guys,
    remember we are part of a worldwide brotherhood. Every congregation acts the same, one way or the other.

Pureheart

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

OMG Pureheart!!! That was hysterical

Thanks so much for those laughs. I recognized every single one of those.

Here is one of my most disliked ones:

The Droner Elder/bookstudy conductor who mumbles when he speaks and does this in a monotone. Guaranteed to go overtime at every bookstudy by at least 10 minutes.

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• TR
    TR

LOL, Pureheart! I must have been "The 6th Man". Always gave impromptu talks for the dinks that didn't show up. I would prepare every part as if I was the one assigned, just in case.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• TR
    TR

We had an elderly sister at the hall that had narcolepsy, I think. As soon as she sat down, her chin would hit her chest. Then one day as she sat there drooling, her frickin' dentures fell out! HAAAAAAA! I started snickering so loud that I had to get up and go to the second school room, where all the new mothers were breast feeding. I immediate turned in embarassment and just went in the men's room and started laughing. After I got control, I went back out and sat down. By that time the old gal had her choppers back in her mouth, and was wide awake.

TR

• Scully
    Scully

We had a Watchtower conductor who was very sincere but we nicknamed him Archie Bunker, as he would feign intelligence by using "big words" inappropriately or mispronounce them to death and would occasionally get caught by someone smarter than him. The other problem was that he didn't take criticism very well. One time the PO corrected him during the WT study, and the conductor was so upset by the criticism that he passed out on the platform!

We also had a British sister who would sit in the front row with her family and thought nothing of flipping up her top so that her baby could breastfeed. It caused quite a stir in our uptight little Canadian congregation.

TR.... I always thought that giving an impromptu talk meant that you didn't do any advance preparation for it!! When I volunteered to do them (I'm embarrassed to admit that I even did this once when I was on vacation <ack!>) I did like Naeblis described..... I winged it and flung it like a pro! I just got my householder to nod and say yes whenever I kicked her under the table (or shoved the microphone in her face in the event that kicking could have been detected). hee hee

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• TR
    TR

LOL, Scully! Yes, I wised up after the first few real impromtus, then I started studying, so I would get all nervous when I gave a talk. I think the dinks knew that ol' TR would cover for them. What a sucker.[>:(]

TR

• razorMind
    razorMind

The Grape Ape!!! Too damn funny!!!

Hey, what about that young single ministerial servant who was ALWAYS engaged to some young sister, whether in his home cong. or in surrounding congs? Usually thought of as "drop-dead fine" by all the JW females. One fiance' one day, a different fiance' the next.

YOU know, that slick charmer who had AAAAAALLLLLLLL the single sisters and young chicks in a tizzy. And knew just the right slick charming words for older folks, to dissuade any suspicion of his personal activities...and keep his "holy" reputation intact.

My sister and I used the term "congregational whore" but perhaps someone can come up with a better nickname.

• Scully
    Scully

razormind writes:

YOU know, that slick charmer who had AAAAAALLLLLLLL the single sisters and young chicks in a tizzy. And knew just the right slick charming words for older folks, to dissuade any suspicion of his personal activities...and keep his "holy" reputation intact.

My sister and I used the term "congregational whore" but perhaps someone can come up with a better nickname.

We used the term 'congregation whore' and 'circuit sluts' for the daughters of POs.

When we referred to the sons, we called them "the fornicators", because it seemed that they could do it and get away with it every time without getting DFd.

Circuit hopping and congregation hopping were activities that allowed young single JWs to scout out each other for social and "other" activities.

Love, Scully
    Highlighter Class

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Scully
    Scully

I was telling my husband about this thread.... he laughed his silly butt off btw.... and he reminded me about this chap in our old congregation in Halifax, Nova Scotia who would bring a stopwatch up on the platform whenever he gave a talk. He would hold it up high to set it, then place it on the podium as he began his talk. As he was winding up, he's swoop his stopwatch up in the air again so he could click it off at the exact instant when he was finished.

We called him The Traumatized One, as we figured he'd been given a "W" on 36C once too often.

He also would wear a pager and eventually a cellular phone to the KH so he could make a huge production out of shoving through the row so he could respond to his pages and phone calls. Whenever he did this, he was called The Self-Important One; which later mutated to The Cell-Ph Important One when he acquired his cell phone.

Love, Scully
    Highlighter Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit