A Superior Intelligent Creator Of the Universe or Universes Would He Be Emotional?

by frankiespeakin 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It means you're (a) God. ;)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It means you're (a) God. ;)

I noticed the "a", LOL !!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You must realize that emotions come from chemicals for example the feelings of love, hatred and empathy are all chemically manufactured emotions.

But then, this also applies to unemotional thought as well.

BTS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Burn,

Very correct I agree all thought is electro-chemical.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

P Sac,

I would like to examine your assumption.

And while I know that God has emotions I also know that one with omniscience most also have omni-empathy ( or whatever would be the correct term for ALL POWERFUL EMOTIONS.

I see here a common flaw your belief in a Supernatural Supreme Being with Emotions notice the terminology you use "I know" that God has emotions" or "I also know" that one with omniscience most also have omni-empathy ( or whatever would be the correct term for ALL POWERFUL EMOTIONS.

When you use the term "I know" or "I also know" What do you mean exactly? Do you mean You know beyond a shadow of a doubt, or You know for a certainty? or is it a more flippant casual use of the term like "I know" simply meaning "I feel like this might be true" and not in the definitive sense as backed up with solid facts and logical reasoning?

For I fail to see how one could know such a thing with any certainty if one uses a reasonable amount of critical thinking. I know that many times you say the bible doesn't do a very good job in speaking truth and at the same time you use the bible to back up your own pet ideas, do you see the dichotomy(Division into two usually contradictory parts or opinions)here?

I'm not saying you're deliberately being dishonest in your use of some parts of the bible as factual and your rejection of other parts as non factual,,you probably don't even see the contradictions your self but I do and I'm very puzzled by it and would like to bring it to your attention.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

P Sac,

Your newly created term "ALL POWERFUL EMOTIONS" really has me puzzled. The only thing I can imagine is with this term is emotions so powerful they can tear you apart such as in an ALL POWERFUL EMOTIONS of anger or sadness and that in my mind would be even too much for any Being to be over come by literally causing insanity and self destructive behavior.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

P Sac,

You said here in one post:

I think the OT TRIES to explain God and doesn't typically do a very good job of it.

And then in your next post:

If we believe in a creator ( which I know you don't) and that we were created in "his image" then if we have emotions that so does God.

This teaching that man is created in God's image is found in the OT which you said doesn't do a good job of explaining God. So can you explain why you would use something that doesn't do a good job in explaining God to explain God?

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Excellent points frankiespeakin! And I would be interested to hear PSacramento's answers to you last few questions.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

........And then Katy Perry walks up to him and goes, "You, change your mind, like a girl, changes clothes.....'cause you're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, you're in then you're out, you're up and you're down......"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit