That doesn't sound cultish at all...

by Mickey mouse 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Over 17,000 fans.

lia

• truman
    truman

Interesting in the quotation from the facebook page (above in highlighted yellow) where the JW who wrote it credits Jehovah with protecting the "brothers and sisters" when so many non-JWs died......

S/he says that help for the earthquake victims is on the way via rescue workers from Hawaii and California. But what is the chance that many or any of those rescue workers are JW's? The rescue workers, furthermore, will not be selecting who receives their protection and aid based on religious affiliation as Jehovah apparently does.

• besty
    besty

also noted this site which I hadn't been aware of

http://www.testigosdejehova.es/s/index.html

official site in spanish

they have set up an Event for the Memorial - like a generic invite - and about 100 of their members have said they will Maybe be attending - lol :-))))

• flipper
    flipper

They don't want to be questioned or criticized because the true answers would make the skeletons fall out of the closet with all the dirty laundry wrapped around them. LOL! Yes indeed WT society is a cult

• agonus
    agonus

Somehow I don't think the WT would appreciate its adherents referring to themselves as "fans."

• agonus
    agonus

goldensky, seeing sincere fellowship is always moving. But to say that you'll only find it in the WT is a joke of (pardon the pun) Biblical proportions.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    This may sound stupid, but I've just heard the song and my heart was touched by it (It probably had a very different effect on most of you). Those beautiful memories are still too recent, I suppose... And I held that hope for so long... How I loved and trusted Jehovah! How much His friendship meant to me!...

I don't think that's so strange, I can still feel that way.

• agonus
    agonus

There's nothing strange about trusting, loving, and being friends with God (whether you call him Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, just plain "God" or something else entirely). I still do, even though I'm a little pissed off at Him at the moment. It's like any other relationship.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe they are another class?

1. Governing Body
    2. Annointed
    3. Elders
    4. Other Sheep
    5. Fans of Jehovah's Witnesses

who knows what may follow.. "pets of fans' of Jehovah's Witnesses"?

• agonus
    agonus

There are more "classes" in the Watchtower than in John Carmack's code...

(sound of crickets chirping)

tee hee... lil' programmer humor (very little)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit