I Believe McNabb Is Tired

by snowbird 32 Replies latest social physical

• snowbird
    snowbird

He should move over and allow room for Michael Vick.

Did anyone see Vick's touchdown pass against Dallas in the playoff?

Awesome!

A little something from Vick's bio:

Vick wears uniform number 7... He throws left-handed, but is otherwise right-handed...

Very interesting.

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I can't see videos at work, Finally.

What's it about?

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's John Cleese ranting about football.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Did he say something like this?

You should stop playing American "football." There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game.

The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies).
    We are hoping to get together at least a US Rugby sevens side by 2005.

Sylvia

• nugget
    nugget

Very funny and because I'm a Brit I agree.

Why DO Americans call their game football?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mike Vick is not only a reprehensible human being, he's not a good NFL QB. At his peak, he was unable to consistently read defenses or make accurate throws. And he's an incredibly stupid person on top of that. He'll be traded to some team like the Rams who are desperate at QB and they'll improve by winning 5 or 6 more games than last year, validating Vick in the minds of his fans. Nevertheless, he's never going to win a championship. He couldn't do it in college and he's far from capable of doing it in the NFL.

As for McNabb, he and Andy Reid need a separation. They'll both be better for it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cleese was commenting on how American football, unlike soccer, seems to have little to do with the title of the game. He also mentioned the lack of independent thought and creativity, except in the beer commercials.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Why DO Americans call their game football?

Because it's a variation of rugby?

Sylvia

• nugget
    nugget

So why isn't called "American Rugby"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit