Vatican slams avatar.........of course they do!!

by awildflower 12 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

They think it takes people away from religion! OMG! I apologize if the link doesn't work, I don't know how to do that yet but you can find it with what I have here I think. Or google, there's a lot of different articles on it. Just another example of the ignorant control the "church" is trying to keep over people. Fore those who saw the film and 'got it', it has a great message of awareness to it. But some will get it, some aren't ready to get it..........wf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100112/ap_en_mo/eu_vatican_avatar

• awildflower
    awildflower

I guess I did know how to share the link, yey for me!.........wf

• awildflower
    awildflower

Just heard Roman Catholic Arch Bishop dies in Haiti earthquake.........he'll be at one with the earth now......wf

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I saw the movie last week and I LOVED IT!!

But it did go through my head, that it won't be long before the JW's condemn this movie. Guess the Catholics beat them to it!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Every time the church loses someone they also lose money.

• donny
    donny

I remember similar issues being raised regarding the Star Wars movies and E.T. Supposedly the "force" in the George Lucas works was a mockery of the holy spirit and E.T. was a chirst like being who had the ability to heal.

Donny

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Perhaps they read my thread on jwd on "Should a Christian see Avatar?" LOL.

• donny
    donny

The Vatican should look at the bright side. There is a whole planet (Pandora) that is ready for conversion! However it would be a bummer if they found Na'vi editions of the Watchtower upon arrival.

Donny

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen it yet but I plan to.

Anti-smoking lobbies have denounced the cigarette-puffing character played by Sigourney Weaver.

Sigh. What ever happened to the good old days where you could go to see a movie just to, god forbid, be entertained? Without issues, controversies, agendas, and political correctness? People make me f*cking sick.

W

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

What Finally-Free said.

I hate all the politically correct nonsense as well.

Regarding the film, I think it may be more of a Ratzinger issue than a Catholic one, after all I believe JP II okayed the Harry Potter films. The Vatican's stance is usually highly dependent on the opinion of the one sitting on the throne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit