Massive earthquake. Haiti doesn't get a break.

by BurnTheShips 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

RR - I hope your family is well. Strength to you & your family.

The pictures are almost overwhelming and I heard on the radio some reports that the death toll could push 500,000. This is a terrible combination of a powerful natural force hitting a very crowded area with poor construction. Let's hope that the relief efforts can help save some of the folks still trapped.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I had the strangest experience. I didn't find out about the earthquake until yesterday morning, but I had the strangest dream the previous night, which was the night of the quake. In my dream, I was walking through a grey urban landscape, and all around me were very wrinkled, ragged, weary looking people. I don't remember what their skin color was, I think maybe they were grey too, but many of them were holding signs in front of their bodies as I walked past. All the signs had the same word, in a dark red, nearly black color: "HOPE".

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some one I know on another board, who was there when he was in the navy, posted some pictures. The port is destroyed, getting supplies in is going to be very hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit