Massive earthquake. Haiti doesn't get a break.

by BurnTheShips 22 Replies latest jw friends

• zoiks
    zoiks

Those poor folks.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

http://www.napawash.org/haiti_final.pdf

THe US Foreign Aid to Haiti between 1990 - 2005 totalled, $1.5 BILLION dollars.

The Total Aid, given to Haiti between 1990 - 2003, totalled, $4.0 BILLION dollars.

Haiti's population is roughly 10 million people. So, we gave each person a total of $400?

I just don't understand how a little 1/2 an island could support 10,000,000 people. I've been to the Carribean, and any type of meat (other than fish) is super expensive to buy...not to mention that milk is outrageous. I just do not see how people could humanely live there! Why isn't there more of a push for birth control? Education? Aids? Infrastructure? I'm so over the Catholic Church and its birth control dictates .... let the Catholic Church bail Haiti out!

If these were animals, we'd be taking them out of this squalid condition. I really think all countries should grant Haitians expedited immigration and training. Haiti needs bull-dozed, rebuilt, trees brought back, and population more controlled. I can see why China has a birth policy. The Earth can not sustain unlimited growth. The pictures of Haiti remind me of that Disney movie, "Wall-E".

Disgusted.

Skeeter

• doublelife
    doublelife

This is very sad. And, unfortunately, jws will use this as another proof that we are living in "the last days."

• Robdar
    Robdar

They fear over 100,000 have died.

BTS, thanks for the link to help for Haiti.

• moshe
    moshe

Unfortunately, a large amount of foreign aid to Haiti ends up on the black market, stolen or ends up as rat and roach food in a warehouse.

• sir82
    sir82
    I expect within 24 hours some media talking head somewhere will describe the earthquake as "God's retribution" on those pagan Haitians.

It looks like I am a true prophet:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/13/crimesider/entry6092717.shtml

NEW YORK (CBS) Pat Robertson, the American Christian televangelist and host of "The 700 Club," said that Haitians need to have a "great turning to god" while he was reporting on the devastating 7.0 earthquake that shook the island nation — the most powerful to hit the country in a century.

As Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive said "well over" 100,000 people may have died in the national disaster, Robertson took to the airwaves Wednesday on his show and said that the country has been "cursed by one thing after another" since they "swore a pact to the devil."

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti and people might not want to talk about," Robertson said Tuesday.

"They were under the heel of the French, you know Napoleon the third and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the prince.' True story. And so the devil said, 'Ok it’s a deal.' And they kicked the French out. The Haitians revolted and got something themselves free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after another," Robertson said.

• Diva
    Diva

My heart goes out to everyone there. I hope relief and medical supplies can get to them very soon,

• RR
    RR

I have family in Haiti, we have had no word from them. My mother-in-law's lived 1/4 mile from Police HQ's, that is no longer there. Needless to say my wife is distraught.

Her family are well to do in Haiti. My in-law builts a kingdom hall there. Her alzheimers has wiped out over 30 years as a witness, she has no memory of being a witness and is now a Catholic again.

But as we know, rich or poor, mature nature does not discriminate!

RR

• alex2
    alex2

This is very sad. Haitian people had nothing and now they are in chaos.

According to a friend of mine Bethel didn't collapse because the building has an earthquake-resistant structure.

They set up a refugee camp in the assembly hall.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Your family is in my prayers RR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit