Jehovah's Witnesses & The United Nations

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Walkin
    Walkin

As an NGO they wrote some positive and favorable articles in their Awake magazines back in the 70's. Do you remember some of them. This was in conflict with their preaching and teaching that the United Nations was in opposition to Jehovah's Kingdom.

If we did that we would be disfellowedshipped.

Very sneaky.

Walkin

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

marking

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My window cleaning business was a non-governmental organization. I could have joined the YMCA as an NGO to promote health to its membership (me).

W

• Walkin
    Walkin

Joining the YMCA, young men's CHRISTIAN association is a disfellowshipping offense. Loved the song, "YMCA"

• acolytes
    acolytes

To negotiate the point is pointless. You either have no moral concience or you are under mind-control if you nick-pick on how their associaton was phrased.

Acolytes

• minimus
    minimus

This is not nit-picking. JWs LOVE proving that "apostates" misrepresent them. It's better to get it right.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Minimus . Yes its better to get it right. But I have evidence from here to washington D.C that Jehovers Witnesses are wrong on most of their teachings.If a Jehovers Witness wants to nick-pick on the phrasing with their association as members of the U.N its nit-picking- They are deaf dumb and blind to hearing anything that threatens their beliefs. Sadly they also add nit-picking to that list.

Acolytes

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My thoughts on this is that they should not have even been on the curb of that organization. If we were seen in some questionable place, we would at the very least be counselled about not stumbling others and thus not even walk past the joint again. Now in the WBTS, the U.N NGO is a HUGE example of them going against the very man made rules they promulgate. This is possibly the biggest example of hypocrasy i came accross.

It does not matter what technical terms they want to use in their defense, it is proven that they KNEW the criteria for being an NGO with the DPI of the U.N. The word MEMBER may not be accurate, but for layman, we all know what we mean. Take away the word member and use asscoiated, it changes NOTHING really.

I too am only willing to believe and use what i find to be true and provable. This is. No amount of double speak and defense from them changes what i see in print.

Bottom line for me, is they can argue till they are blue in the face. Even IF they were innocent in not knowing the 'rules'

They just should never have never even thought about walking into that building.

Ignorance on the part of leaders in power is not an excuse either.

OZ

• minimus
    minimus

They got involved with the world. They decided a "library card" was more important than possibly stumbling someone.

If we did this, we'd be "cut off".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit