Jehovah's Witnesses & The United Nations

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've read by some posters that the Watchtower was a "member" of the UN. I believe this is incorrect.

I only make this comment because if we were to repeat the thought that the Witnesses were members of the United Nations, such misinformation could backfire on us.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

didnt they pay a fee to be affiliated with them? And in doing so, they had to uphold the standards and requirements by the UN? Maybe "members" was an incorrect term...if so, I apologize. What term should be used?

• blondie
    blondie

I think the correct term is that the WTS was "associated" with the UN as a nongovernmental organization (NGO). The WTS is not a country so cannot "join" the UN.

www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

i will include this thread in my thread.

• Gayle
    Gayle

When has the Watchtower last stated or mentioned anything about the United Nations? I think I saw something mentioned in something in 2006? Anything in the last year or two? Any recent "public" Watchtower?

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie is correct.

The thing about the Watchtower and the UN is that the WT. says the UN is a wild beast to be destroyed. ANY association with this organization would be deemed being involved in politics, which JWs supposedly do not do (unless they're looking for a library card).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ was not in Bed..

With the United Nations..

The WBT$ only Humped..

The United Nations leg..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Outlaw.

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you minimus. This is a pet pieve of mine.

To be a member of the UN you have to be a country.

• donuthole
    donuthole

They were an active associate of the United Nations Department of Public Information publishing on their behalf with the printing presses they dedicated to Jehovah, distributing such information via millions of Witnesses worldwide also dedicated to Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit