I've just lost a Loved one

by AwSnap 31 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Why do these creeps shun, and deny that they do it? I confronted a former friend and he just got really pissed off at me. Needless to say he is a "former" friend. Still calls, but I want nothing from this creep except for the money he still owes.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When I first saw the title, I thought somebody had died. Reading the comment showed that it wasn't a physical death, rather a witness relative becoming emotionally dead to you per WT orders.

One of the more memorable eye-openers for me was seeing my Ex and her family tear into their own sister/daughter because she was marrying a worldly man, a military man (and a fine gentleman, I might add). But witnesses have trouble seeing outside the organization's boundaries. After a few years, the fences were mended to a large degree (my ex-in-laws have a soft spot for grandchildren).

I hope that someday your brother/sister also will realize that family is forever, no matter what the organization says.

GLT

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((AwSnap)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thank you.

jamiebowers, i dont have any new pms.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I'm sorry. It's a loss almost harder than a death...well, maybe it is harder.

With this kind of loss the wound festers because death isn't the one stopping the love and association. There is hope that springs eternal. It gets in the way of the grieving process because you know the person still walks the earth. That their heart and mind might one day change. Maybe. Probably not though.

That pain rears it's head when you hear about them, when you think about all they and you and the children are missing out on.

It digs everytime you think of their callousness.

It haunts your heart. You wonder why they don't feel the pain as intensly and see their error. How can they cut out their heart and cast us off? How can you do that to your child, your friend, your sibling. So many times it's done before you even get df'd or disassociate. They hear a doubt, a problem that you have before you have even decided to leave, and they abandon you. It shows how shaky their faith is. They must be holding on by a thread themselves and are afraid it will snap.

It's hard. I can't say it gets easier. I don't know how to comfort you, but offer encouragement that you are not alone. You have friends that understand here. We share a common bond and sufferings. May you find a way to make peace with it.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks again . I think I'm going to leave jwn for awhile. I believe everyone here is probably super positive in your everyday lives, just as I am. We have many blessings to be thankful for, but I tend to come here to bitch & dwell in my negative feelings. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy lots of the fun threads on here too, but they are few and far between. I mainly come here to see what the latest bull$hit gossip is & copy the new WT CD Rom & hear other's sorrow stories that I can relate to. But I'm done for now. I dont want to know anything jw related for awhile. I have about 30 people from here on my facebook & I enjoy seeing their real life 'stuff'. If you want to be my friend on Facebook, pm me. If not, take care, thank you for the support, and

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

All the best to you AwSnap, my the Lord fill you full of his love and eternal grace and may those you love see you for the loving and spiritual person you are.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Sorry snap, you never know, though, something you said may click in their heads one day and you left the door open for them to talk to you if they would ever like to. We were all (them) at one time, we shunned others too and one day something finally clicked in the brain. At least, should it happen, they will have you to turn to and not be totally alone.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

There is a quote somewhere “That which does not kill us makes a stronger”.

This is mine:

In all the world Trust no man, Trust no woman, Trust no beast; The God who made the everlasting sky “Him you can (Truly) Trust.”

In the religious sense if you’re in a cult you can never have a meaningful relationship with your higher power (Jehovah), as long as you’re being influenced by the powers that be, the “governing body” and those who follow them. If you were raised a Witness, to some to some extent you never felt freedom of choice, a gift god gave all of us, he wants us to utilize this gift. Anymore, each time I walk into a kingdom hall which is very rare, I feel the spirit of oppression. Really for the first time in my life I have felt what it feels like to pray to god without feeling unworthy because of so many manmade rules that go far beyound what is writen from the Jehovah’s Witness hierarchy. Many are the individuals that are having a true spiritual awaking, because of this web site and others that are on the internet. It is not by sheer coincidence that this has happened; it is because the time is ripe for it, spiritually speaking.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well put, Leprechaun!

In the words of Lenny Bruce: Every day, people are straying away from the church and getting back to God."

Snap: I will miss your sense of humor on the board. Hope you check in once in awhile!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit