Do you think they will get a new bible?

by twinkle toes 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I was thinking about the fact that the Society is changing all the lingo that is associated with the New World Order, New System and the like. What I was wondering is if it is important to get away from this phrasing, what are they going to do with the New World Translation? Do you think they will start publishing it under a new name?

tt

• spawn
    spawn

Could it be called "The Idiots Guide To!!"

• watson
    watson

Could be a good money maker!!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It'll be called, "The GB of the Holy Scriptures"

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

The New Light Translation?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another revision. They would simply call it the same thing, but the revised 2010 edition. It would be the same Not Well Translated version with additional tamperings. And it would be billed as correcting some of the errors they found in the original Not Well Translated version.

• agonus
    agonus

The "Faithful and Discreet Slave" would be restored to its rightful place in the New Testament as it was originally mentioned 4096 times but removed by conspirators.

• wobble
    wobble

I think our very own resident Wizard has it spot on. A revision that does nothing to put right the terrible dis-honesty of a truly awful translation.

Notice what they did with the Rev Climax book, perhaps they will save money by issueing some sheets of revisions, so you can stick bits in, so wherever it says that Jesus should be revered, or is the Way Truth and Life etc, you can cut and paste Governing Body instead.

I think they would be unable to produce a new translation, they don't have anyone like Mad Freddie Franz with the ego to take on such a task.

Oh no I forgot, they have all those "Celebrated WT scholars ", silly me.

Love

Wobble

• cantleave
    cantleave

The "Don't ask, Don't tell Translation of the Watchtower's Scriptures"

• blondie
    blondie

I have always wondered if the WTS has made revisions without telling the rank and file.

I thought the WTS has finally put those changes into the new copies of the Revelation book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit