How do you reply?

by darthfader 33 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

I have read this board for a couple of years, and only began posting this past year. I read some amazingly articulate questions and responses, and I admire the effort that people put into their posts. With that in mind, how do you work out your posts? Are some of you able to just write what you think without revising the post? Do you open a Document and formulate your response with careful editing? How long does it take you to put together your posts?

Im just looking for tips

Darth Fader

• snowbird
    snowbird
    With that in mind, how do you work out your posts?

I just type out a reply in the box provided and click "Submit."

Are some of you able to just write what you think without revising the post?

See above.

Do you open a Document and formulate your response with careful editing?

See first answer.

How long does it take you to put together your posts?

30 seconds, short reply - 3 minutes, long reply.

Sylvia

• VIII
    VIII

Sylvia posts much more than I do. She also is much more articulate and says things in a much clearer, cleaner way than I do. So, usually she says what I want to say so I don't bother because she said it so much better than I could have. :-)

I start typing, re-read my post, edit, re-edit and 7 out of 10 times, hit delete. I don't hit submit.

On a post like this, I will submit. Just because I understand. So many people have already said what I want to say, I figure "why bother, it's already been said". That is the shy person in me.

Just type and hit submit. It is empowering.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    That is the shy person in me.

You're talking to a kindred spirit.

I used to be painfully shy.

Sylvia

• VIII
    VIII

((Sylvia))

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, VIII.

How'd you know I need a hug?

It seems everything that could go wrong went wrong this a.m.

Here's a return (((((((VIII))))))).

Sylvia

• poppers
    poppers

Here's a hug for both of you (((((VIII and snowbird)))))

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Poppers.

Sylvia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just start typing what comes to mind.

It is not uncommon for me to go back and edit for spelling and formatting or to adjust the post to be more clear in my point.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I just have a random thought in my head and post away, then again, I don't really tend to ask long questions x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit