How does the WTS explain how the battle of Armageddon will be fought?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Armageddon is a battle in which Satan unites the kings of the Earth against God's appointed King, Christ.

The Witnesses teach that the Bible uses Megiddo as the "symbolic" place of gathering of all the kings of the Earth, where they will try to do battle against God and his forces.

It sounds so silly to me now that God and his forces would battle Satan? If God is so powerful,wouldn't he make Satan and his Demons just disappear? Does God need a sword,rocket,fist,or army tanks to destroy Satan?

I don't remember how the WTS explain how this battle would be fought. Is there any information on this silly war?

• moshe
    moshe

Most of us are more interested in the burger and cola wars- tangible stuff. The WT used to have a real good Armageddon story back in the 60's and 70's. When the Berlin wall fell, their story lost it's punch- actually the JW's have fallen into quicksand (the pedophile payola and UN stuff hasn't helped) as of late trying to explain that sort of poppycock- and I don't mean carmel corn.

• megaflower
    megaflower

If mt memory serves me right they tend to skip around on it. Sometimes they liken it to the days of Moses when they had to stay inside as the angel of death passedover them when they put the bllod above their door to protest the firstborn(passover). There have been times they say do not miss a meeting-ever. You never know when we may be told to go to a certain place for safe keeping. It sounds so foolish now.

• zoiks
    zoiks

In my humble opinion, they spend a lot more time gleefully depicting god beating up on humans during armageddon - you know, fire from heaven, fault lines opening up, buildings falling down, people wearing headbands dying horrible deaths...

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

The official gruel dished out in the watchtower would usually sound something like this:

We don't know exactly what will occur during the battle of Armageddon but it is written that conditions will come to point where no man will survive without gods intervention. It could be a (insert a long list of favorite scare scenarios following that usually includes disease, war, nuclear weapon use, collapse of society, famine, etc.) This makes it very important to be among the true Christians in approved association with gods earthly organization to survive. This is usually followed by a laundry list of how bad it has been for true Christians in the past. However, we do not know and must exercise Christ-like patience and wait on what is revealed by Jehoober to the FDS on the current scent of the month. (Remember they are only guided not inspired and are imperfect humans just in case this doesn't happen like they said.)

;-)

Goshawk

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I think it's to be fought

with scissors.................................

Could be wrong

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There appears to be a 'mixing' of the events which transpire directly 'before' the 1,000 year reign and after, when Satan is forever destroyed. If you read the entire book of Ezekiel, but concentrate on the books 28 and beyond, you'll see it appears a LITERAL rebuilding of Jerusalem. That each year, a trip must be made by the world's population/king's of the earth to get blessing and so that rain continues on their land, etc. After the 1,000 year reign, is when the opposers deceived by Satan surround it and fire comes from heaven destroying it. Again in Ez, it's very literal. In Isaiah 26:19-21 seems to hint that the final part of armagedon you must hide in the interior of your homes, and not be allowed to see what transpires, as during the great flood they did not see, not during the angel of death at Egypt, nor Lot and his family during Sodom's destruction. In Revelation, seems during the 1,000 year reign, perhaps a literal Jerusalem on Earth, but after it, earth potentially destroyed and a literal new heaven and new earth, or some type of major world cleansing, because after those events, then a heavenly Jerusalem decending on earth as God then approves and resides with man. All of this may be confusing, but you'll see a bit what I'm talking about by comparing Ezekiel and Revelation.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

As I've always understood it, it's God's war and his design. Therefore, it's silly for mere humans to speculate on this issue.

Our job is to keep on preaching, making disciples, and being the best at following Jesus Christ teachings.

DY

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Bruce Willis stays behind and sets off the nukes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I understood, the nations were supposed to be on the threshold of actually accomplishing independent rule, and being successful, without God. God cannot tolerate that, so He is going to disrupt things. The nations will be set up to destroy false religion (except the witlesses). The witlesses will be left, and the nations will be set up by God to persecute and try to destroy the witlesses (the Great Tribulation). At some point (and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is silent on how long this will persist, but knowing all the broken promises by God, He could just leave it there for an extremely long time), God is supposed to step in and destroy everyone that is not a witless.

At the end of this battle, Satan and the demons will be imprisoned for the heinous crimes of wanting freedom for themselves and helping mankind be free. The witlesses have stories about the earth opening up and swallowing up people, and of hailstones weighing a "talent" (which could be anything from the 45 pounds that the Revelation book mentioned, up to 96 pounds). After, there are going to be a lot of dead people for the witlesses that survive to clean up--and, if the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery's bad organization skills are an indication, this is going to be one very inefficient operation.

That is, if it ever happens. They are already 136 years late and counting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit