It feels like the Ice Age and not Global Warming

by MsDucky 51 Replies latest jw friends

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

Where did I miss the memo where a scientist said "due to global warming, it won't get really cold anymore?"

There is one in this article.....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/187242/1/The-beginning-of-a-new-ice-age

• freydo
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Climate change makes the climate less predictable, it may mean colder winters and warmer summers or even the reverse at times.

Coldest day in Toronto was jan 4 1981 with -31.3C

As for hot:

http://www.lilith-ezine.com/articles/environmental/2005-Canada-Hottest-Year.html

"...

In Toronto, on July 8th, 9th and 10th of 1936 the mercury hit 40.6 degrees celsius (106 Fahrenheit). It was the hottest three days in Toronto history. Over 200 people died from heat stroke during that heat wave, a heat wave which lasted a total of seven days.

What makes this heat wave bigger is not the intensity of it, but the duration. Already we are on day 14 of the current heat wave (which has been marked only sporadically with thunder storms). The temperature has been consistently above 35C (95 Fahrenheit) every day.

Compared to 2004, during the entire year there was only 13 days in which the temperature went over 35C. We are only at the end of June, and we've already had more "hot days" than the previous year.

And Toronto is not known for being an exceptional hot city, as far as North America is concerned. It is essentially a normal Canadian city when it comes to temperature.

All across Canada and the United States, and indeed the world, other cities have been having record temperatures and long heat waves that make the 1930s seem cool in comparison."

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Stanks villa! your'a pal!!! (((hugs)))

All the xplanations that these so called scientists are making remind of how the Gubning body explains the 1914 and annointed doctrines ... in the end it's all false ... have you seen besty?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MsDucky..

I guess it only shows up for me..Some pics are like that..

It`s a Pic of Satan in A frozen Hell..

Trying to get warm by a fire..LOL!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

No one can take one cold snap or one heat wave and say it's indicative of gloobal (spelled intentionally) warming or gloobal cooling. What this latest cold snap means to me is simply that there's still (and likely always will be ) a heck of a lot of cold air on earth.

• ziddina
    ziddina

It's like Earth's climate is fibrillating... going into cardiac arrest... All mixed up.

Here's a video from the horse's mouth, so to speak... Or should I say the INuit dwellers at the Arctic circle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-IWgM3OkPw&feature=quicklist

Zid

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I'm up north right now - first winter in many years and actually, it isn't much different than when we were little kids. There were many years that we went out trick or treating in our winter coats because there was snow and there were years the drifts were so high you couldn't see your house. It's cold but not any worse than it was years ago...a think it was -15 in the morning....sammieswife.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Ziddina, I would be interested in hearing more information on the Inuit's belief in the "Musical Mother "Sidna" (Sp?). How long have they believed that she had the power to change the ocean's water from liquid to ice? If this goes back centuries, it definitely would make me doubt global warming and/or climate change even more. . .weather always changes. . .they pray to this God for correction of it to their norm.

"There's nothing new under the sun."

Outlaw, I wanna see that picture. What's the link?

No one can take one cold snap or one heat wave and say it's indicative of gloobal (spelled intentionally) warming or gloobal cooling. What this latest cold snap means to me is simply that there's still (and likely always will be ) a heck of a lot of cold air on earth.

Rocketman, I agree.

• MsDucky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit