"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? " online?

by VM44 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

The links for the book have expired!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Page 216 huh?

6x6x6=216

• Black Sheep
  • VM44
    VM44

Thank you Black Sheep.

The "Nations" book needs to be kept online.

Page 216 of the book in the book is irrefutable proof that The Watchtower had set a limit on when Armageddon had to occur!.

kurthbethel: 6 x 6 x 6 = 216. Good observation!

• Black Sheep
  • Quendi
    Quendi

I remember considering the 'Know Jehovah' book, as it was called, in the book study back in that memorable year of 1975. The book did contain many assertions that in hindsight look completely foolish and unsubstantiated. But that was Fred Franz's writing and teaching style. He was given to hyperbole and polemics to make his points. The book left no doubt that Armageddon was imminent and that only Jehovah's Witnesses would survive. Furthermore, it taught that the twentieth century would see the end of the world as we had known it. It was all very heady stuff for Yours Truly to read and study back then. Naturally, the WTS doesn't even reference the book now and no one is encouraged to read it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it excised both from any future editions of the Watchtower Library CD and the new Watchtower Online Reference Library. It is now an embarrassment to the WTS.

Quendi

• jam
    jam

Do they (JW,s) still use the term type and antitype?

If so , when is it used.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I still have my copy from then, Quendi

As far as I know, the last time antitype was used was ten years ago in a QFR, Jam

• Quendi
    Quendi

I got rid of my copy years ago, Black Sheep, and so I'm glad that the 'Know Jehovah' book is now available as a PDF download. I think it is very important that the Society's older publications are still extant and available in some form because that leaves a paper trail for any impartial investigator to follow. I think the WTS has engaged in a program of erasure, revision and denial for decades about not only its past history, but also its former teachings and doctrines. They certainly don't want new contacts to know about its shady past, so letting books go out of print and refusing to make them available serves their purpose in this respect. It must be very frustrating to the powers-that-be to realize that they have lost control of the availability of information. Now, whether they like it or not, other people have archived their publications and made them freely available to anyone with a computer. They won't be able to deny their existence, nor destroy their traces. Transparency is a real enemy of the WTS.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit